Honored Contributor

yeah, I"m gonna do the bathrooms when hubbo leaves for a week so I can have the place to myself and not worry about him bumping into the paint or griping about the smell, etc.

Bathrooms are oak, I'm gonna keep them oak because you have light vanities in there. I got plenty of Oak stain left over anyway from where the house was built. Bathrooms aren't near the trouble of kitchens.  I blame the guy who did my house. Big , nice new home paid 250,000 for the place and the contractor put in pine cabinets and just had the painter to put oak varnish over them to make them look Oaky why now after 7 yrs. they have faded and look streak e.    We bought the ground and then paid him for the house that he built you would think he would had made the guy put on 2 coats and then a sealer, but, you know contractors ! LOL

So, my old butt has to do a make over.  I might pay this guy a 100 to seal them, but, just the 2 of us and we try not to be messy. I can do touch ups

LOL  

I should had made sure sealer WAS IN THE WOOD STAIN ALREADY guess I should pass that along to you, too. Mine is just the wood stain, so, read on the can if it has urethane sealer in it will save money and extra labor later on.  I call it polyurethane, but, the man I talk to just called it urethane.  Paint place will know what's best !