Honored Contributor

Need more In put on Maytag washers

I just watched the tube video of the 2018 TR7 speed queen . WOW IT shocked both my dh and myself. We are cancelling the order on Monday.

Consumer reports are saying the Maytag direct drive MVWB865GW as a great washer with agitator.

OK GUYS, need some input if anyone has this washer. What do you think.?????

I do not want a front loader, i like the agitator top loader washers.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need more In put on Maytag washers

@viva923 wrote:

I just watched the tube video of the 2018 TR7 speed queen . WOW IT shocked both my dh and myself. We are cancelling the order on Monday.

Consumer reports are saying the Maytag direct drive MVWB865GW as a great washer with agitator.

OK GUYS, need some input if anyone has this washer. What do you think.?????

I do not want a front loader, i like the agitator top loader washers.

i bought the following last year, april 2017.  no issues at all so far.  i bought from lowes.

MVWB765FW       MT TL WASHER MVWB765      

MEDB755DW        MT ELEC DRYER MEDB75     

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Not sure you viewed the SQ video on the lorainfurniture website under blog but if you didn't there is also a video review of the Maytag commercial top load washer MVWP575GW, this is the washer he chose to sell in his store as a replacement for SQ...it may not work for your needs but it's interesting to watch. 

Respected Contributor

That's why I made sure & got the SQ washer/dryer before the new models arrived. I called the company, & they said gov. regulations were forcing them to make the changes (also known as ruining a great product).

Before the SQ, I had Maytag washer/dryer. The washer was a front-load. I despised both the pieces. Definitely get a top-load/agitator....whatever brand you buy. My Maytag front-load never got anything clean. It used VERY little water, & gently tossed the clothes around. I had to wash most things twice, & they still didn't smell fresh.

Both the washer & dryer died after about 5 years....REALLY??? I'll never go back to that brand for anything. I'm tired of disposable appliances!

Honored Contributor

kitcat

dh and i drove to lowes to today to see if we could find that maytag washer consumer reports mentioned.

they did not have that particular model

what we did find is that washer you mentioned the 575. that did not have an agitator. at least that model we looked at did not have an agitator. which is a no go for me. have to get an agitator.

we did find the 758 model which is last years model maytag. has an agitator but is smaller. but sales person said that the fire houses in my area have several of them and they do 5-6 loads of clothes a day and no problem. 

I have had maytags, GE's, LG,. Samsung's, Whirlpools, kenmore's.some have lasted me 2 weeks tops and others have lasted me a couple years, but  none have lasted me more than 3-4 yrs. I wash 5-6 loads a day more during winter (heavier clothes)

the speed queen i have now the rinse cycle is pure AWFUL. I use low sudings, HE laundry detergent and i still can not get the laundry soap to rinse out. some loads are worse than others. the SQ tub is very small so you can only do half load at a time.

did find out today the maytag model i asked for  (from lowes) would take 4 weeks to get in, has to be ordered from whirlpool direct. also you have to use liquid or powder soap, no pods. I am overloaded with pods. decided to just dissolve the pods in a cup of water and pour into liquid soap dispenser.

Honored Contributor

We bought a Maytag  washer and dryer in June of 2017.  Our model no. is different from yours.  I dislike both of them and would not buy again.  Mine is a top loader...high efficiency low water washer.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out youtube videos on Kirk Rivas:  MVWP575GW Maytag Commercial top load.

It has a good agitator action (like the old school washers of yesteryear).   If I was in market for top load agitator, that is the one I would consider the most at this time.....downside..... water levels options are very limited.  Basically you can get either a half tub wash or a full tub wash but nothing in between.  If you can make that work, give it consideration.

'

Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, I have had two Maytag washers, the first having a computer part break and come crashing through my kitchen ceiling, and then the replacement.  I will never have another Maytag.  Good luck on your quest for a good washing machine.  I got an Electrolux two years ago and we are very pleased.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

after reading and talking with dh and watching utube videos all weekend, going to just call it a day and NOT PURCHASE RIGHT NOW. My SQ is ok, not the bestest . At least the tub does fill with water, no horrid smells (mold-mildew). Just won’t have a delicate cycle. Will just look and research.

will have to admit,the SQ has worked without any problem for over 3 yrs now. Will just continue to hope someday i will find something i am happy with.