Super Contributor

Need ideas for decorating with new lanterns

I generally am a decent decorator, but am stumped. I bought 4 of the Flameless LED Candle Impressions TSV several weeks ago. Got the green lanterns. I bought a light brown buffalo check table runner at Hobby Lobby, and want to decorate my breakfast table. I put two of the lanterns and some fall foliage on the runner, and it is just not pleasing to the eye. I looked at some pics of decorating with lanterns, and most of them that are on a table are of different heights. Also saw one pic that had two lanterns with a centerpiece in between that was pretty. Opinions are needed!!  The table is 60 inches long, and could probably accomodate 3 lanterns, I know odd numbers are used in decorating. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need ideas for decorating with new lanterns

@nanny24 

What about something like this?

Super Contributor

Yes!! Thanks kinda what I saw in another pic! Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@nanny24   You could also elevate one if just using two.  I have clear small candle pedestal stands that I use to elevate pumpkins, candles and all sorts of items.  I've also used a small elevated cake stand if the item is larger.  Just run a garland around the bottom to make the item used for elevating the lantern less noticeable and you'll be set.  You could also add some pumpkins or gourds, or decorative rocks, or other small items.  You could also add festive cookie jars too.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

Yes, I am going to play around with it, and maybe try to elalvate one, and see how that looks. I do have some pumpkins and gourds to play with as well Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 

What was the item # of the lanterns?

Super Contributor

H219245 , I got the green. It was a TSV a few weeks ago.

Honored Contributor

@nanny24 wrote:

H219245 , I got the green. It was a TSV a few weeks ago.

@nanny24   I like them very much!  My sister has a lantern on her mantle, and it looks great there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@nanny24  Do you have a fireplace?  If so, I can imagine a few of the lanterns surrounded in and out with small pumpkins, gourds.  Or the same idea on a mantel.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for your ideas!!