Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help with a chandelier

@elizabethl123 wrote:

WHY PUT ONE IN YOUR BED ROOM    USE LAMPS    DO NOT LIKE ANY OF THEM    SORRY

Because I don't want a ceiling fan. I will never use it. It's a ranch and I am cold blooded. It will be wired for one if in the future I want one. I wil have table lamps on the nightstands.

Honored Contributor

I think a chandelier is a great idea. Will make the bedroom look so pretty. There are so many nice ones it makes it hard to decide.

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_3015.JPGWhat about this one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday I like this last one you just shared way better than the first.  I think though I would take the crystals off it.  To me the crystals don't seem to go with the rest of your style.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the chandelier is the best match in style for all your other choices. It is more elegant, and the other items are much more casual, in my opinion.

I don't like chandeliers in bedrooms and bathrooms in the least, so I would be choosing a totally different kind of light fixture, and just wonder if you have considered other kinds of lighting fixtures, or if you are set on a chandelier?

Maybe it isn't just this one, but having one in the room at all is part of your indecision with it.

Respected Contributor

Make sure the light switch is near your bed so you don't have to reach far to turn the light on & off.  The switch for my ceiling fixture (combo fan & light) is on the other side of the room from where my bed is located.  I do have a remote for it that's removeable from a bracket that I could bring closer to my bed, but I hardly use it, since my fan runs 24/7/367 here in the desert SW & I light the room mostly with lamps on my nightstands & also have a reading light that I can reach from my bed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't think the chandelier is the best match in style for all your other choices. It is more elegant, and the other items are much more casual, in my opinion.

I don't like chandeliers in bedrooms and bathrooms in the least, so I would be choosing a totally different kind of light fixture, and just wonder if you have considered other kinds of lighting fixtures, or if you are set on a chandelier?

Maybe it isn't just this one, but having one in the room at all is part of your indecision with it.

I don't want a ceiling fan. What other kind of light fixtures are you thinking of.

Respected Contributor

I still like the Moroccan one. It has flair.
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday,  Question:  If you are building a new home why are you putting in a new chandelier in the current house?

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ccassaday,  Question:  If you are building a new home why are you putting in a new chandelier in the current house?

I am not. But we have to have our lighting for the electrician to put up. We will be buying most of our lighting ourselves.