Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help with a chandelier

I could live with it!

Will it have a dimmer switch?  I find those nice to have with overhead lighting.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

In a bedroom, I prefer a ceiling fan with a light, much more practical to have a fan in a bedroom. To me a chandelier is for a dining room or foyer.

Valued Contributor

Beautiful and interesting choices. I love the touch of exotic with the Moroccan chandelier.

Esteemed Contributor

I have learned that if you are having second thoughts then don't purchase it.  I think you may like the overall look but not the style of the metal. I like the shade feature that a few of the others have posted. I would wait. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday

I like the chandelier - also like the comforter and green color.  Pictures are not my style, but they are very nice and I do like the colors in them.  If you are not really sure about the chandelier, look some more before ordering, but I do like it and think it would look good.  I have a white with floral border shade around my bedroom light.  Floral border matches colors in the room, but I wouldn't mind changing for a chandelier.  Just never thought when I was putting the room together.  If I ever change the lighting in my bedroom, I would definitely look at chandeliers.  I may think about changing to a chandelier in my bedroom and move the shade (which I love) to another bedroom that is in the same colors, but has a shade that it hard to re-hang when taking off to change the bulbs.  I think the chandelier adds an elegant touch.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls

I like the chandelier in your post, but not the idea of a black shade.

Honored Contributor

I don't like it with the other items you have chosen and I prefer the green bedding with your animal pictures or pillows.

Honored Contributor

The ones with the fabric are going to be a pain to clean.  Do you really want to get up there on a regular basis and dust the fabric inside all those pleates?

I like the first one.  

Are you saying you can't return it if you take it out of the box?  If you can take it out of the box and have someone sort of hold it up there to see if it works in the room, do that.

Otherwise, wait until you are sure.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

In a bedroom, I prefer a ceiling fan with a light, much more practical to have a fan in a bedroom. To me a chandelier is for a dining room or foyer.

The room will be wired for a ceiling fan. I was just thinking I wouldnt use it. I am a very cold blooded person. Plus it's a ranch so no upstairs having to stay cool. I guess it is still a option. I have a little time to decide. 

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The ones with the fabric are going to be a pain to clean.  Do you really want to get up there on a regular basis and dust the fabric inside all those pleates?

I like the first one.  

Are you saying you can't return it if you take it out of the box?  If you can take it out of the box and have someone sort of hold it up there to see if it works in the room, do that.

Otherwise, wait until you are sure.

At pier one there is a 60 day return policy. Our house won't be done until the end of Feb. We will be buying lighting here soon probably in the next couple months.