Contributor

Need help on deciding comforter color

Good evening all hope you are well! I bought the polarfleece snowman sheet set which is in powder blue and now I am looking for a comforter to go with it for the winter. In my bedroom I have medium blue carpet and sapphire blue silk curtain. I found this nice, soft faux mink down comforter at Bed Bath & Beyond but can't decide between 2 colors. It is really hard to match powder blue exactly and I want something different anyway, as I tend to try to match things to a tee. I am torn between the darker navy blue or burgundy comforter. I am thinking with the darker navy comforter  there is no dark blue at all in the sheet set and but there is red on the embroidered part of the sheet set  which might mean the burgundy would be better? I have the blue carpet and blue curtain so that is why I like the blue. I am not good at knowing these things that is why I need your help! 

Thank you all for your time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help on deciding comforter color

Beauty, I personally would not go with either color.  Burgandy doesn't go with any blue shade (IMO), and navy is too blah.   If I had to pick one, I'd go with the blah.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@beautywithin wrote:

Good evening all hope you are well! I bought the polarfleece snowman sheet set which is in powder blue and now I am looking for a comforter to go with it for the winter. In my bedroom I have medium blue carpet and sapphire blue silk curtain. I found this nice, soft faux mink down comforter at Bed Bath & Beyond but can't decide between 2 colors. It is really hard to match powder blue exactly and I want something different anyway, as I tend to try to match things to a tee. I am torn between the darker navy blue or burgundy comforter. I am thinking with the darker navy comforter  there is no dark blue at all in the sheet set and but there is red on the embroidered part of the sheet set  which might mean the burgundy would be better? I have the blue carpet and blue curtain so that is why I like the blue. I am not good at knowing these things that is why I need your help! 

Thank you all for your time.

Is the sapphire curtain close in hue to the navy? Between those two colors, I'd go for the blue because the burgundy is a dark reddish and would clash with the carpet, my own opinion only, though.  I don't know if those colors are complementary. Are there any other colors of the comforter like in beige or taupe or cream tones? That's what I'd look for regardless if there is white in the sheets.  

Don't know what the sheets look like, can't find them listed.

Contributor

Item# H205120 in the light blue snowman sheet. The curtain is closer to the navy color comforter but look at the sheet set and let me know what you think. There is a tan comforter but I don't think it would look good with the sheet set. 

Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you have any white in your bedding?...I would prefer going with a white comforter...The Navy or Burgundy are too dark, for my personal taste,  and I think white would be really pretty with the blue and give a more fresher look to the entire room...What is the color of your walls?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Contributor

My walls are beige but I don't know if the white would be a good choice because of my blue carpet and sapphire blue curtains? I guess I wanted to have a color but now I don't know.
Trusted Contributor

I would go with the navy.  If you add any other color comforter, you'd need to add other elements in the room with that color to tie it in.  

Contributor

I was thinking the navy was the better color choice at first I did look at the comforter again on the BBB website and they do have it in an off white color called glacier. Now I am wondering if that would be a better choice? So it will be navy or off white glacier. What do you think would be a better choice?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beautywithin wrote:

Item# H205120 in the light blue snowman sheet. The curtain is closer to the navy color comforter but look at the sheet set and let me know what you think. There is a tan comforter but I don't think it would look good with the sheet set. 

Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Thanks for the #.  I looked at the photos and a bit of the video. It is displayed amongst beige wall, floor, and furniture, so it would be okay. There is not much white except for the snowman on the sheets so I think the stage crew ignored the white. In the photo, there is a burgundy throw, white comforter/shams and a beige skirt.  That's too many colors to me. You have a blue floor, so I still think the navy is the best choice of those two, but I'd look for a lighter beige/cream color.  Tan sounds dark. White comforter is good, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd do burgundy in a heartbeat.  Apropos for the season, and nice to "ground" the whole thing.  Maybe you find a throw pillow that helps blend it all together, if need be.  Or a throw.  I've been looking at a burgundy blanket for the bedroom, to go with the sheets from last year that are festooned with ornaments (sage sheets w/multi colored embroidery).

Why not blue and burgundy?  And red?  Sometimes the least obvious thing is the best choice.

Cogito ergo sum