Respected Contributor

Re: Need frig recommendations - not doing side by side again

When we bought our home over 30 years ago, they left the refrigerator for us. It had the freezer on the bottom and I thought it very strange. When it finally died, I wanted a side by side ... I HATE IT!! When the time comes to get a new one (which I think may be soon, as we are having issues) I want one with the freezer on the bottom again ... I grew to like it!

Just make sure that you measure the space and if you have a smaller kitchen (like me) make sure that the spot you have your refrigerator in will allow for the freezer drawer/door to open up!!

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

SmileReally does help, vermint and Perkup........recommending the 'Samsung', also glad to learn that 05gage25 trusts he LG.

My husband beieves that both,the Samsung and LG are {two of the best choices} #1 for either a range or refrigerator. I have no need to have an ice maker on the front for unloading. I don't want water from the tap line running through, so I have/ USE- spring water in the freezer for CUBES.

Thank each one for the highly suggested reviews~

_Naes

Honored Contributor

My next fridge... (frig connotes something altogether different, for me, anyway...) will have a bottom freezer drawer and either a single refrigerator door at the top or French doors... Ideally, I'd love to have refrigerator drawers and a separate freezer, but have neither the space nor the funds!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yikes just went to see what's out there & prices! I think I'd like the single door/freezer bottom type (we had that growing up) now I'm going to head out to Lowes to see what's on the clearance section. I guess if I factor in the life expectancy of the frig it not too bad ... Been having a lot of sticker shock lately as I haven't bought major appliances in years! Thanks for all the input!
Esteemed Contributor

You can get the Samsung in what they call counter depth. Ours went nicely right . Where our.side by side fit.
Esteemed Contributor

You can get the Samsung in what they call counter depth. Ours went nicely right . Where our.side by side fit.
Respected Contributor

I have the big 28cubic ft. French door Samsung with bottom freezer and snack drawer. Not one thing to complain about this Samsung it is so quiet never hear it running. Tons of room in it, ice machine and water dispenser are wonderful. It is big and the only advice I will give is make sure you have enough space on both sides of the doors so that you can fully open them. I would purchase this product again in a heart beat would not even go looking for any thing else. This item also has LED lighting and the water filter has a color change that shows you when the filter needs changed right on the panel so you always know when to change it. Ours is black to match the front of the dishwasher and oven doors, and it is easy to keep clean never see finger prints or smudges on it. Like it absolutely.

Honored Contributor

I love my side by side!!!

Occasional Contributor

I have the Samsung that Shoekitty showed in the first post and I freaking love it!!! The middle tray is large enough for all my serving trays and the temp is adjustable to suit the items. So many good things to say about it. The only "bad" thing? It's not so bad but the ice cube drop is VERY loud. My animals used to jump every time (ok, so did I) but we've adjusted (and it's still loud).

Respected Contributor

Winocat, Yes that ice cube drop is loud and I can't figure out why when the rest of the refrigerator is so darn quiet. We have adjusted to it also but it does make a person wonder why it is so loud. But it does make cubes fast, and its nice to have the choice of cubes or chips.