Honored Contributor

Need an Inexpensive Storage Solution?

I've got my bags out and am loading them with summer clothes.  I think these Ikea bags from Amazon are the handiest things since sliced bread.  I use them for clothing and linen storage, and for laundry but they'd be great for sports equipment, carrying gifts, camping, perfect for basement storage in an RV.  They stack easily and are indestructible.   They have shoulder and hand handles for carrying (or dragging). 

They're made of a fiberglass-like plastic and I've never has one tear.  They have double zipper pulls making the contents easily accessible.  I'm still using the first one I ever bought.  Hose them down if the get dirty.

Without a basement or attic, I store mine in the garage as they're dust and pest proof.  I have an oversized magic marker to label the contents of each bag.

Screenshot_20230914_105054_Amazon Shopping.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Need an Inexpensive Storage Solution?

@Kachina624  Thanks for the recommendation! I am using many of the Perlia storage containers. They are nice but not as sturdy, plus they  collapse easily if you move them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 How long have you had yours?  I went on the big A and read the reviews.  It looks like a zipper issue beginning in 2022.  I could put these to good use, but don't want to deal with zipper mishaps or seams letting go.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

They look nice but I prefer hiding my filled bags under the bed.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   OOOH thank you!!! I am still emptying out my storage area after moving in April.  I have so many storage tubs and I dont want them stacked up in my basement.  I plan on keeping a few, but I like the idea of these bags so much better.  Perfect timing on your post-Bless!!! .  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thanks! I am needing something like this for out of season clothing!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

You had me at "drag."  I currently use plastic tote boxes and have settled on the small grey ones from Walmart.  I had some stuff in beautiful multi-colored larger totes in an unheated area.  They cracked to pieces.   It is hard for me to navigate stairs carrying totes, meaning I have to bug DH to death.  With these bags I can do it alone.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm such an IKEA shopper that I have and use those bags very frequently.  My only issue is that they're usually more expensive on Amazon since it's a resale.  Your screenshot is a good deal though. 

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569.  There's no Ikea within 500 miles of us so I've never been in one, although I'd love to.  I do love these bags.  My dog appropriated one and sleeps on it full of dirty laundry.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Kachina624 How long have you had yours?  I went on the big A and read the reviews.  It looks like a zipper issue beginning in 2022.  I could put these to good use, but don't want to deal with zipper mishaps or seams letting go.

Thanks for posting the picture.

@tends2dogs.  I think I got my last batch about a year ago.  I've never had any zipper trouble but I don't over-stuff them.