Trusted Contributor

Re: Need a room painted- Is this a fair price???

@151949------Color me red-faced, I am sorry to assume that painters needed tape.  Please, excuse my silliness.-------tedEbear

@bichon mom--- Scratch taping windows off your list.-----tedEbear

Respected Contributor

I recently had my entire house painted and the cost was $175.00 per room.

That is a Fl. price, which probably is less than some other parts of the country.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that's a fair price.

Honored Contributor

It seems like a reasonable price. 

I think putting up the chair rail is a lot of work and can be time-consuming.

Respected Contributor

Painting is expensive, no doubt about it.  We had our home painted a year ago, just under 1600 sq. ft. and it cost us $3400.   2 coats,  10 ft ceilings, all trim and interior doors included.  That included cost of paint.  

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear   I know you're being sarcastic but I really did have my whole interior painted and never saw a roll of tape.  I use tape,  real painters are so steady and skilled that they don't seem to need it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just got estimate to paint our entire home inc. 10 ft vaulted ceilings. Our villa is 1800 sq ft. We provide all the paint -- 2 estimates were $3,600 and 1 came in at $4,200. 

Im totally shocked how expensive work is here and frankly, I believe it's because there is so much building and construction going on here -- they give ridiculous estimates because they really don't want small jobs!

Honestly, I can't imagine it's that hard (although I couldn't do it) to paint walls...I'm sure it's the ceilings riding up the price. I originally wanted this crappy "popcorn" removed but quotes were $800-1,200 extra! I'll live with them!

Respected Contributor

I also had some rooms painted and the painters never used a inch of tape at all. I have always painted my own home until this last time when my legs just would not let me do it and I never used tape either and am proud to say I never got any paint on my trim wood. My Mom made us learn to paint when we were young kids and she would paint with us and supervise us. My Mom liked to wipe her base boards and trim with that Oceder red oil furniture polish then if she happened to get a drop of paint on the trim all she had to do was take a cloth and wipe it off. I would love to be able to paint again that is one job in my home I loved to do especially at night when my children would be sleeping then I could paint what ever room I wanted all night. Many a night I would start painting after 9 0r 10 pm.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624-----Not so much on the sarcasm.  Just acknowledging my mistake.  Thank You--------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I recently had my entire house painted and the cost was $175.00 per room.

That is a Fl. price, which probably is less than some other parts of the country.

I would gladly pay $175.00 for an average room, even a small one in my area.  In my part of Md. people pay much more than this, especially if the paint is provided.