Trusted Contributor

Re: Need a new vacuum. Do you like your Shark?

You cannot go wrong with a Shark! We got the Shark Navigator as a TSV a couple of years ago! You would not believe the cat fur that is in the canister when we are done! This thing cleans deep into the carpet!

Mine has the lift-away feature. It came with a a Dust Away hard-floor attachment with two reusable microfiber pads and lots of attachments.

I love the way this thing swivels. You can turn it to floors or carpet. Looks like QVC has many models now.

I highly recommend a Shark!

Respected Contributor

I need a vacuum at two locations (store and home). I had a Dyson and an Oreck. My Oreck bit the dust, so I replaced it with a Shark from Walmart. It was about $200 two or three years ago.

So that left me with a Dyson and a Shark. Well, I loved the Shark so much, I was transporting it back and forth from work to home and back. That got old fast, so I went and bought another Shark at Walmart so I could have one at each location. They are both liftaway models, but they are slightly different.

I gave my Dyson to DH to use. He remodels houses and has to clean up sawdust, etc. I don't want that one back.

Esteemed Contributor

The shark is a great vacuum. Now we got new carpet and it won't go over it. It's not even thick or shag carpet.
Respected Contributor

I have a Shark Rotator Professional Liftaway and absolutely love it and HIGHLY recommend it. I have 3 dogs (2 big shedders) and 3 cats. I have vinyl plank flooring with area rugs, including a new luxuriously plush Karastan area rug in the living room.

My Shark doesn't struggle one bit on my carpets and it doesn't suffocate with all the fur it's always picking up. The dirt container empties easily and completely without having to bang it or use something to dislodge the fur (I had that issue with my old Dyson animal). It's light weight and extremely maneuverable which was a necessity for me as I have to vacuum daily, even if my arthritis is flaring.

Respected Contributor

On 12/15/2014 ccassaday said: The shark is a great vacuum. Now we got new carpet and it won't go over it. It's not even thick or shag carpet.

I don't understand what you mean. Does it push too hard? Maybe there are strings wound up in the brush?

Respected Contributor

I am very pleased with the Shark vacuum I bought from QVC earlier this year. I hate to vacuum but do not mind so much with this vacuum.

Super Contributor

On 12/15/2014 betteb said:

I have the Shark Navigator Liftaway and I love it

Love this one too. I love the pet attachment for apolstery
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/15/2014 mima said:
On 12/15/2014 ccassaday said: The shark is a great vacuum. Now we got new carpet and it won't go over it. It's not even thick or shag carpet.

I don't understand what you mean. Does it push too hard? Maybe there are strings wound up in the brush?

No it doesn't go over the carpet. We had the same problem with Dyson on are new carpet upstairs. I don't understand how these vacuums with no height adjustments are so popular when neither of them work on our new carpet. Our carpet upstairs is the new shag so I understand that. But our carpet doesn't as its is just a textured carpet.
Respected Contributor

On 12/15/2014 ccassaday said:
On 12/15/2014 mima said:

No it doesn't go over the carpet. We had the same problem with Dyson on are new carpet upstairs. I don't understand how these vacuums with no height adjustments are so popular when neither of them work on our new carpet. Our carpet upstairs is the new shag so I understand that. But our carpet doesn't as its is just a textured carpet.

I use mine on the new shag. You are suppose to run it with the beater bar turned off so that it isn't hard on the carpet. It pushes hard, but it does work ok.

Mine also works on plush carpet and flat carpet.

Not sure what trouble you are having.

Honored Contributor

Hey, this is good to know, because I had one of those Shark steam mops that died after a year, stopped pumping the steam to the mop head.

Anyway I was reluctant to buy one of their vacuums, because my daughter and I were talking about this when she was here over thanksgiving. I liked the one that is similar in design to the Dyson one (handheld with the extension)

I have a Dyson upright and I am very happy with it, but spending on another vac at $400 is a little nuts so maybe I will look at the shark version