Super Contributor

Need a new mattress. Any reccomendations?

I currently have a king size Tempurpedic. It is about 8 years old and truth be told, I always thought I wanted one but I havent been that impressed with it. I know- and yet I have kept it for 8 years. sigh. Anyway, I am looking at the Serta Hybrid -H209247. I would appreciate any imput, reccomendations, advice etc. Thank!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need a new mattress. Any reccomendations?

We have a king size Beautyrest pillow top, around $1,000 and it's the best mattress we've ever had.  Serta was our previous brand.

Respected Contributor

I have H209222.  It's an upgrade from a standard Serta but a step below the iSerta.  It's an similiar, but a little better than, the mattress spec'ed for Hilton Garden Inns.  I've been really happy with it.

I work in the hotel industry.  When I told our procurement manager what I bought and how much I paid, he was impressed.  The QVC price with the shipping included was less than I could have bought a slightly downgraded model from Serta with my employee rate.  

Super Contributor

we've had select comfort for 20 years. I like firm and husband doesn't so it's great!!  You can see the stress points at the store to see where you sleep best. Highly recommended!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a SleepNumber bed and love it !   My second favorite mattress is a Serta. It's years old but it still is in great shape. I use it on the guest bed.

Respected Contributor

I have an Icomfort.  It is pretty comfortable--but it is a hybrid memory foam and traditional box spring.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We purchased the Tempurpedic Cloud Lux a year ago to replace our 10 yr old Tempurpedic.  I was planning to have back surgery, but it was cancelled.  What a difference in the new and old.  They have so many new models.  Ours is much softer and more comfortable -- the old one was hard.

Valued Contributor

We have a Select Comfort for over 13 years.  Still very satisfied.  We went through a lot of mattresses....xfirm, firm, med, water tubes, etc etc... before this "investment mattress".

Good purchase for us.  We love being able to select the firmness for each of our own preferences which sometimes changes weekly.   

Honored Contributor

I bought a bed from the Helix Co in New York and I bought it online.  It is custom made for me. I got the full sized and paid $800 for it; free shipping and 100 days to sleep on it or they would come get it and refund ALL my $$. My budget would not allow anymore than $1000 and the mattresses I thought would be good, were all $1500 and up even for the full sized. Go to their web site to check it out, helixsleep.com

Honored Contributor

Beautyrest is considered one of the most comfortable standard mattresses.

We've had a Sleep Number for years and LOVE it!