Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Paint Color Suggestions for Bedroom

[ Edited ]

While I am not leaning toward grey walls, I found this lovely headboard that is grey. I like that it has some detail around it instead of the other padded headboards I have seen online.

I think it may work with the BM paint I liked. I have antique items in my room and it would tie in.

651629CA-34D6-43F7-976F-3B07338D1AC5.jpeg

Binne Upholstered Panel Headboard
Regular Contributor

BC044CE5-3213-4E8B-9E30-58B2A8A07930.jpeg

Speaking of shades of purple, has anyone seen the Pantone 2018 color of the year? Here it is!

Regular Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@newagain888888

That antique pearl color is stunning! What brand is it? Hmmmm also getting ready to paint a bedroom but I am drawn to Benjamin Moore's blues. 

1. Blue Nelson
  2. Simply White
  3. Horizon 1478
  4. Moonshine

if you put Benjamin Moore and the color titles numbered above in Google and then click Images it will bring so many beautiful examples up. 

These new soft pales are so soothing. 

If if you put any paint color in Google and click images there will be so many great ideas. 

@It’s the Benjamin Moore color @flickerbulb mentioned she liked. I agree it’s stunning.

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb

I like the headboard 👍🏼

⚓️
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My daughter just painted hers a medium slate grey with some ivory trim. It looks so nice. I can see your purple drapes and comforter blending very well in that color scheme. Bring home samples, it really does help and live with them for a few days and nights. Not something you want to rush into. Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up another sample of Sherwin Williams paint from Lowe's and painted some swatches on the wall.

I really liked the BM Antique Pearl on the card, but it was not the color I had in mind when I swatched it. I actually liked the SW color a bit more.

Looks like my search will continue tomorrow for the right color. I will paint a bigger portion and look at it in a different light before I decide.

I wish I had the ability to choose on the first try. I don't mind painting. It's picking the color I hate!