Regular Contributor

Re: Need Paint Color Suggestions for Bedroom

651629CA-34D6-43F7-976F-3B07338D1AC5.jpeg

Antique Pearl is a beautiful color! The pink undertones give it a soft, feminine feel. Perfect for a bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the ivory, creams and pastels and they are easy to blend with any other color. I've started to include a soft, light grey in the family room. I like this shade because it has a different kind of neutral which seems to work with anything else. I like it rather dark in the bedroom and family room at night (migraines) and the grey works better than the ivory for me. 

There used be a website (Sherwin Williams paint your walls) that you could input your colors to see how your room would look. I think if you google it that you probably have some choices to help with the total look.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I would shy away from the ivory headboard.  Blues, grays and purples are cool colors and ivory is generally not.  It might just clash unless it is NOT a warmer shade--which is sometimes hard to find. 

You COULD warm it up a little with a pale dusty green wall and find some accent fabric with greens, purples and blues to pull it all together. 

I agree - I would use ecru with grey instead of ivory.

Trusted Contributor

@newagain888888

That antique pearl color is stunning! What brand is it? Hmmmm also getting ready to paint a bedroom but I am drawn to Benjamin Moore's blues. 

1. Blue Nelson
  2. Simply White
  3. Horizon 1478
  4. Moonshine

if you put Benjamin Moore and the color titles numbered above in Google and then click Images it will bring so many beautiful examples up. 

These new soft pales are so soothing. 

If if you put any paint color in Google and click images there will be so many great ideas. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

Another vote for some shade of misty green.

Trusted Contributor

@newagain888888 lovely, I like that !

Trusted Contributor

Couple of examples of contrast wallIMG_1256.JPGIMG_1257.JPGIMG_1258.JPG

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb

I would definitely consider putting samples up before you invest the whole gallon. Just speaking of experience -lol. I like your color scheme 👍🏼So much you can do, so many possibilities, good luck 😊 The antique pearl 😍So rich looking. IMG_1259.JPGIMG_1260.JPG

Color examples only

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I would find a color that coordinates with the tile floor.  Purple is strong enough to go with other colors.  I'd keep the paint neutral and use the comforter, curtains, etc to bring in color.

Valued Contributor

I am getting ready to do my bedroom also. We are laying wood floor in there.Irecently purchased some new stained glass lamps in shades of beautiful blues.They are called the Wisterias and mostly blues,. I want to paint my room in a seaglass color and incorporate the seaglass and blues in the room along with some white. Do you think that seaglass and blues will mix well. My furniture is antique mahagony.

Beckyblu