Honored Contributor

Need Mop Recommendation

[ Edited ]

I want to buy a new mop for my housekeepers (2 of them) to use.  They prefer rag mops.  I was thinking about the Libman Tornado Twist mop.  Does anyone use this mop and have an opinion of it?  Any other rag type mops you can recommend?  Here's a picture of the Libman mop.  My sister has this mop and likes it.  However, a lot of the reviews on Amazon and Target are not good.

02030_bucket_chemicals_1024x1024.jpg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The mop in the pic looks like a glorified rag mop to me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Mop Recommendation

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

The mop in the pic looks like a glorified rag mop to me.

@Mz iMac   That's why I chose it.  I said in my post that my housekeepers prefer a rag mop.  I'm open to any mop though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I have V35428 Don Aslett's Microfiber Mop.  I really like it. It works as the video.

https://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-Microfiber-Mop-with-%285%29-Reuseable-Microfiber-Pads.product.V35428...

Honored Contributor

Just curious.....

Your housekeepers rag mop not getting your floors clean?  If not, shouldn't they be buying their own "cleaning equipment"?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Hello,

I do not have this mop, but I did look at it recently when Out mop shopping.

Chose the O’Cedarr (spin mop ?) instead.

Reasons:

***The bucket is lighter, but not flimsy, and has a handle at the bottom to help lifting, and emptying 

***It has a foot powered mop spinner that really does work, wrings the mop enough to use, does not sling out water, no bending, no hand wringing

***The mop head is short straight strands, not looped.  IMO not so much pet hair tangling, machine washable

Have had this for about a year, well tested, big + DH likes it.

More information then you wanted, no doubt.

Joy to your family, furry and not so furry!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Just curious.....

Your housekeepers rag mop not getting your floors clean?  If not, shouldn't they be buying their own "cleaning equipment"?

@Mz iMac   They do use their own rag mop, and they do a great job.  I decided I didn't want them using a mop that they used on other people's floors on mine.  That's why I'm buying one for them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Drythe   Thanks for suggesting the O'Cedar.  I do like the idea that it's not looped.  Since I have two pets the fact about the pet hair tangling is good, too.  I'll consider that one.

Just read the reviews on Amazon, and they are much better than for the Libman mop.  It gets many 5 star reviews.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Ask them what they want and if that is the rag mop then buy it and keep it at your place.  (I asked my housekeeper to buy the mop she wanted to use and I would reimburse her and leave it at my house.)

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Don Aslett microfiber mop too but got mine about 8 years ago at a home show and altho it only came with two of the cloths those microfiber cloths are still going strong showing no wear. I toss them in the washer when I do towels. I bet if they tried one they would never go back to the rag mops. They are so much lighter and way far easier to use and do a fine job and take up even a bit less storage space than a broom.