Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Ideas - Those hollow things you put wine Corks in - What else can I use?

I just donated a gallon size ziplock bag of corks to Goodwill. I thought someone could use them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Ideas - Those hollow things you put wine Corks in - What else can I use?

Sandgirl, my friend needs corks for a craft project. You can ask your friends for their corks. Also, if there is a Total Wines near you, people drop off corks for recycling; you can ask them if you can have a few. This is the advice I gave her.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

Super Contributor

How about laying them flat on the table, filling them, and then glue a piece of clear plastic over the top. Use a glue which dries clear.

I just searched on ..letters .. in pinterest. Some good ideas there. One was gluing scrapbook paper inside the letters....different patterns in each letter.

Honored Contributor

Do you want to display them in your kitchen only?

Frequent Contributor

You could get some faux greenery, like ivy, something made on a wire so it's bendable, and stuff it into the letters so it looks like a topiary.

Me, I could have that filled with corks in no time!

Trusted Contributor

How about kitchen matches or toothpicks?
Occasional Contributor

Find out if you have a local Freecycle group (Freecycle.com) in your area. You could join the group and ask for corks. I save my corks and offer them on Freecycle when I get a full bag because I often see folks requesting corks for projects.