Super Contributor

Re: Need Gift Ideas for Ladies at Church........................

On 10/9/2014 Peetie57 said:

Good morning everyone. WOW! There are some GREAT ideas here. I want to Thank each one that took the time to help me out. I am going to take these and I know I will come up with something that will work for my budget.

And I would like to answer your reply Tinkrb144. Yes, I feel I know these ladies very well. We are a close knit group of ladies. We have a ladies meeting every month and we have prayer partners and I could go on and on. My family has been at this Church for 20 years and we are just a close knit group. So, yes, I am going to put something together for them to show my Love and Appreciation. We try to help each other along the way throughout the year, but, during this Special time of year, I just want to do a little something extra. Our head Deacon, (which is just like a Dad to my husband and myself), has always said, "Give people flowers while they can still enjoy them". And, that is what I try to do. I wish a "Special Blessing" to each of you!

I hope you all have a very Blessed Day and Thank you again!

That is such a great post. I attended church all my life and made the best friends/family yet that old devil roared up and the church split. So painful to not take sides and leave it in God's hands. Do guard your church and friends and never allow that bond to be tampered with. Blessings to you

Super Contributor

Flameless candles.

I also give the recipient an extra set of batteries! My faves are ones that are scented ... with a coupon at a local dept store, you can score for less than $10.

Regular Contributor

On 10/9/2014 BOYINTX said:
On 10/9/2014 Peetie57 said:

Good morning everyone. WOW! There are some GREAT ideas here. I want to Thank each one that took the time to help me out. I am going to take these and I know I will come up with something that will work for my budget.

And I would like to answer your reply Tinkrb144. Yes, I feel I know these ladies very well. We are a close knit group of ladies. We have a ladies meeting every month and we have prayer partners and I could go on and on. My family has been at this Church for 20 years and we are just a close knit group. So, yes, I am going to put something together for them to show my Love and Appreciation. We try to help each other along the way throughout the year, but, during this Special time of year, I just want to do a little something extra. Our head Deacon, (which is just like a Dad to my husband and myself), has always said, "Give people flowers while they can still enjoy them". And, that is what I try to do. I wish a "Special Blessing" to each of you!

I hope you all have a very Blessed Day and Thank you again!

That is such a great post. I attended church all my life and made the best friends/family yet that old devil roared up and the church split. So painful to not take sides and leave it in God's hands. Do guard your church and friends and never allow that bond to be tampered with. Blessings to you

I am SO sorry to hear about your Church. And how right you are about Satan. Believe me, we have been through the fire at times in our Church, and some have left, but, Satan has not and will not win! I believe that the ones that has stayed it has made us a LOT stronger and hides as tough as nails. We pray daily for that Hedge to be around our Church and each of us. We have learned that when we Pray and TRULY turn it over to GOD, HE will be the Victor!! Sorry, I just get so excited when I start talking about the LORD. Anyway, thank you for the sweet reply and I hope GOD has or will Bless you with another place to worship. And you are so right, I have made some of the most Precious friends/family in our Church, they are such a Blessing to me.

Blessings to you also. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

How a big pump bottle of Philosophy lotion for the church bathroom? That might be fun!

Honored Contributor

I have been buying gifts for my small women's group at church for a number of years. We are all different ages, and a lot are retired and don't want a lot of stuff to "sit around." But I've found everyone has always been happy with the things I've found here at QVC. I buy groups of 4 or 5 or even 2. One year I found small star-shaped lanterns, mini flameless candles, mini Christmas trees, etc. Here is a picture of one of them. When you split the sets it's affordable! Smile

Set of 9 Candle Impressions Mini Flameless Candles w/Timer &Keepsake Boxes

Super Contributor

On 10/9/2014 beach-mom said:

I have been buying gifts for my small women's group at church for a number of years. We are all different ages, and a lot are retired and don't want a lot of stuff to "sit around." But I've found everyone has always been happy with the things I've found here at QVC. I buy groups of 4 or 5 or even 2. One year I found small star-shaped lanterns, mini flameless candles, mini Christmas trees, etc. Here is a picture of one of them. When you split the sets it's affordable! Smile

Set of 9 Candle Impressions Mini Flameless Candles w/Timer &Keepsake Boxes

this is perfect..those are too cute

Respected Contributor

Wonderful ideas here. However, in my opinion Poopourri would not be a nice gift.
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 twopeas said:
On 10/9/2014 Pook said:

The LED flashlights being aired now and that others posted here before me are perfect - 5 for $14.96 with reduced shipping of $3.11. I don't care how so many mock all the flashlights, they are excellent gifts as everyone at some time or another needs one and if you don't have one in your purse or care you probably will wish you had!

You may want to check out the reviews. Not very good. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I actually have these and paid full price and they are great!!! I gave them to friends and they still use theirs all the time!

Trusted Contributor

In England we always had Quality Street around Christmas time. It is a tradition for many families. They are delicious candies or sweets as we call them. For the past few years they have carried them in BJ' s just for the holidays. They come in a tall jar and cost $14.99 each. Each jar could be split into at least 5 gift bags. The candies are individually wrapped and are toffee, nut, fruit etc. really excellent quality and something they probably haven't had before. If you bought five jars for $75 you could make 25 gifts for $3 each. A steal. Just need those clear bags from a craft store and some festive ribbon and you're all set.