Honored Contributor

Re: Natural Room Divider

[ Edited ]

Don't think the idea is a bad one, but would rather see it in rustic decor.  Not that birch doesn't go with modern.  

Can't put my finger on it, other than I don't like it in this room. Would rather see wood slats, tall folding room divider with interesting print, or an etagere in that spot.  

Honored Contributor

This look is not for me, it lacks appeal and style.

Trusted Contributor

Well, it's creative, that's for sure.

I think I'd need to get accustomed to it but it looks ok.  Love the rest of the space, esp. the blue sofa, sky lights & open space.

I just wonder, are these birch trees?  If they are, I would need to find out if they would shed debris on the floors.   

Respected Contributor

Too stark. It adds nothing to this room that I can see.

Honored Contributor

Just plain ugly - I like my birch trees outside with leaves on them.  But I agree - my cats would love them!

Honored Contributor

It reminds me of a tame version of something Hildy from Trading Spaces would do!

Respected Contributor

There was a time in my youth that I would have really liked this.  Now, however, I'd get tired of it in about ten minutes.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Natural Room Divider

[ Edited ]

These look like birch, which I love. Unfortunately, nothing about this space resonates with me... From what we can see, the whole thing just strikes me as bland and pretty much completely unappealing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I'd rather have the room completely open but if I had to have a room divider, this wouldn't be it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

No, not at all for me.