Super Contributor

Re: Name of company or place to purchase good quality furniture.

Have you looked into "LoveSac" brand - you design the piece however you want it and you can get slipcovers - according to their website they do have 4 showrooms in FL, not sure if you are near one?

Honored Contributor

My suggestion is avoid the major retailers, they mostly sell junk 

We find the best quality furniture at local furniture stores. Do some research on brands, and read reviews. Many of what were once top notch manufacturers aren't anymore. Big names from decades gone by, have been reduced to junk. Like all thing today, relying on just the name of the store or the manufacturer that was once high end/good quality isn't necessarily going to net good results.

I haven't bought any upholstered furniture in about 25 years, and I know the great brands from back then might not be now, so I don't have any recent experience to speak to. Keep us posted though, on what you find!

Valued Contributor

Like others, I'd avoid PB (or any chain stores of the like) if you want longevity. 

I purchased American Leather sofas and chairs several years ago and am extremely happy with the quality. Their customer service was outstanding, as well.

As others mentioned, Bernhardt has quality pieces; I have a Bernhardt sectional that is a very solid and well constructed piece (very comfortable, too)!