Honored Contributor

Re: NORTH CAROLINA HOUSE MAKEOVER

@Oznell  I am so glad you posted this! I saw this either last night or this morning ( can't remember which) and considered posting it myself.  So glad it was you as you have a way of explaining decor like no one else! I loved everything about this home and I'm also considering getting Country Magazine again!  Thanks for the post and all the lovely descriptions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  Before subscribing, I'd pick up a couple of individual issues. Country Living seems to have the occasional appealing interior article but there's lot of other stuff. While some of it's interesting, a lot of it often strikes me as filler and much of it related more to a lifestyle than to decor. You may feel differently of course, but just wanted to make the suggestion.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jubilant  Before subscribing, I'd pick up a couple of individual issues. Country Living seems to have the occasional appealing interior article but there's lot of other stuff. While some of it's interesting, a lot of it often strikes me as filler and much of it related more to a lifestyle than to decor. You may feel differently of course, but just wanted to make the suggestion.

@stevieb   That's a good idea.  Thanks for letting me know. I really am more into decor than lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

Very well done!  This lady certainly has an eye for what makes a room flow.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @jubilant ,  nice of you!  I enjoy it also when you and other design thread authors include your own commentary on images you post-- so keep 'em coming!  

As I was telling @Patriot3 ,  some of the images got 'lost' in the translation to this thread.  If you look at the pictures they posted online, the living room especially looks more spacious and "calmer" there, than the smaller images here.  But, c'est la vie.  

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I like the Kitchen, Breakfast Nook, and Laundry Room. The other rooms are overly decorated for me and I would have to remove most of the art and STUFF.

I prefer the brick fireplace over the wood surround. I don't care for all that wood being stored inside the house. A small amount of wood stacked next to the fireplace is good but more than that is messy and not for me.

@DREAMON I agree 100%.....I really like the Kitchen, Breakfast Nook, and Laundry Room too, and I love the shade of blue that they used, but the other rooms are just a little too cluttered for me.

All of that wood in the living Room is too much as well......

Respected Contributor

@Oznell I, too, have a nightmare laundry room...cramped, dark, and badly in need of a refresh---though it would still be cramped an dark, lol! There's no way to change the current layout, so I'm stuck with it. Maybe one day, we'll give it a coat of paint and some new flooring, that would help. It's just way down on our list, as we're currently renovating our hall bath, with the master bath to follow.

Honored Contributor

What fun that you are doing your baths, @vermint .   Our laundry 'room' is not even capable of being redeemed by a coat of paint.  It's in one corner of our low-ceilinged 1910 basement, with quietly, 'picturesquely' crumbling walls all around.  Built back when below-ground rooms were slightly spooky "cellars",  rather than nicely tamed basements, sigh....

Honored Contributor

I think their remodel looks better than the original, but there's too much blue and too much clutter for me. There's also too much stuff hanging on the walls in a few rooms. My favorite spaces are the kitchen & dining room.