Honored Contributor

Re: NM Living Room- Tranquil or a Case of the Blues?

I like the bones of the room.  The color blue and the 🐎 has to go.  I would change textures and colors of everything else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do like the color blue for decorating, but not exactly thrilled over the room.  One thing that bothers me about this room is the white rug, I can only imagine what that is going to look like in a month or so........not a good color if people are actually going to live in that living room!   ..and I am not a fan of the chandelier, the horse artwork can stay.....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm not too fond of the deep saturated drapes up against a stark white wall & don't care for the metallic table, either. The brass pendant should actually be a metal closer to that used on the console. Everything else is good. 

dee

Esteemed Contributor

I like it.  

I would normally find the color combo cold, but the comfy couch makes it look more inviting.  

I think I would add some brown or tan accents to warm it up though.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Love the room and everything in it but the horse. I live on the water so a sea inspired painting would work for me. If you love horses or live in an area where there are horses then that painting would be for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely a case of the blues.  

Respected Contributor

Our monitors can differ, of course, but I see blue, teal and turquoise--not to mention green through the windows.  That much variance of tone makes my eyes twitch.

Personally, I would keep the sofa and finish the room with greys and browns.

But, to continue being hyper-critical,  Woman Embarassed, I don't care for the metallic table or mirrored cabinet.  And that chandelier looks completely out of place.  I am not an equestrian sort, but the horse does not offend.  In fact, it's the only tranquility I sense in the room.

@lolakimono  I am enjoying your posts.  Please keep 'em going. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

It needs some print and a different end table.......Also the horse pic can go.....I have never really had a blue room, although I have a navy and cream master bath that I love........

Esteemed Contributor

I am a blue lover! With that being said, while I like the couch and different shades/textures of pillows, those tables would have to go as well as the chandelier and drapes (which I just never care for anyway). I would also switch out the horse for something more beachy since I live near the beach.

Honored Contributor

Here is another "blue" living room, more beach inspired.

This incredible home on Marco Island was designed by Susan J. Bleda and Amanda Atkins of Robb & Stucky, and is actually an award-winning model home for Florida Bay Builders. Cool and classy, the home: