Honored Contributor

Re: NINA GRISCOM'S ELEGANT NEW YORK APARTMENT

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast wrote:

@Oznell 

I'm sorry, I guess I'm the odd person out once again.

My favorite area is the terrace.  I just find the home to be cluttered looking & I don't care for the style.

As always, I do appreciate your posts.

@sceniccoast  You're not the lone ranger here. Clearly, this is an impressive space and there are many impressive elements, but overall, I'm not wowed by it either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed this post, and have viewed these photos several times. What a wonderful break from the stresses of these days.

While her apartment may not be everyone's taste, I find it a beautiful home. It is filled with furnishings and decorative items that have meaning and memories for her and her family. There are places in each room where the eye can rest, I like that very much.

I had not heard of Nina Griscom, and because of your post, have looked online at other articles about her apartments. It is interesting to note how she carefully curated her apartments, according to their times and spaces.

Lastly, I am delighted to have discovered the Benjamin Moore color, Silver Fox, thanks to your post. I did additional research online and am excited to use the color in my soon to be remodeled kitchen and dining room.

Thank you again.

Esteemed Contributor

She died from ALS?  Shocking.  I remember her as a young model.  How long did she have als?

Honored Contributor

Thank you for a delightful post, @cantdrive55 !  You and I have very similar reactions to her rooms, right down to a fascination now with Benjamin Moore's "Silver Fox".

Am glad you enjoyed it.  Agreed- looking at interesting houses and spaces is a great escape!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure, @Snoopp --  I think someone mentioned 2 years, but I could be wrong...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell thank you.  I do like the colors for the wall and trim.  

Esteemed Contributor

What a well  appointed home. I would love to have the touch of an interior designer. She was very good at it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

here is a later article:

https://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/nina-griscom/

Thank you for posting the link.  It was a fun read, and the decor was stunning.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.