Honored Contributor

Re: NICE BENJAMIN MOORE PAINT COLORS

Hey, thank you, @Oznell 

I, as a cool-based winter, just don't wear those gold/bronze/orange tones in clothing (with rare exceptions if I'm in a rebellious mood!), but I do like them surrounding me at home.  I love looking at the warmth of yellow in my kitchen and a pale coral in the bedroom.

Thanks again.  I do love looking at color, color families, and all the shades, tones, and hues.  It's fascinating.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove,  I envy you embarking on some redecorating projects--   am delighted you may have found something useful in the site!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell thanks for posting the link...I am in the process of upgrading my bathroom. The Simiply white...have you used it?  Is it like a pure, bright white, but not to bright?

The lower half of the bathroom will be painted, but the top portion I want to be white.  I think I want a close match to the tub, sink and stool, standard glossy white....what do you think, is the  simply white in that color family of pure white?  thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Mom2Dogs.  Yes, I've used "Simply White" --  it's the trim color in our kitchen.  It's a beautiful soft but still fresh white, very much touted by designers.

It's been described as a slightly "warm" white,  not a stark white.  My guess is that if you want a little bit brighter, starker white, you'd like Benjamin Moore's "Chantilly White",  or "Oxford White".

"Simply White" definitely reads as "white",  not cream or yellow, but it has a tiny creamy undertone in it to bring it down from being too sterile or "blue". 

If you get a paper swatch each of Chantilly White, Oxford White, and Simply White from your paint store, and compare them, you'll quickly decide which you like best.  Holding them up to your bathroom fixtures will let you know if they blend harmoniously with the porcelain, or clash.

Esteemed Contributor

Great website. My DH saw me looking and said we are not painting! 🤣❤️🤣

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  thanks for the description....The nearest paint store is an hour away so next trip to the city I will stop in and get a few color swatches.