Honored Contributor

NICE BENJAMIN MOORE PAINT COLORS

That "Homebunch" site, I keep forgetting, has gone to the trouble of gathering together what they consider to be the "best" Benjamin Moore colors-- the best whites, the best blues, best neutrals, best greens and turquoises, etc.

I don't know about "best",  but a lot of my likes are on the list, like  "Simply White",   "Rich Cream",  "Muslin"   "Revere Pewter",  "Manchester Tan",   "Palladian Blue",  "Woodlawn Blue",  "Georgian Green",  "Camouflage",  etc.

It's fun to see how the colors work in the various rooms they show, too: 

http://www.homebunch.com/the-best-benjamin-moore-paint-colors/

Honored Contributor

Re: NICE BENJAMIN MOORE PAINT COLORS

That is all so inspiring. Thanks for pointing it out, @Oznell 

And fingers crossed they might add best coral/peach/orangey paint colors, too.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, they should have had those, @GingerPeach!  Here's some orange/peach inspiration:

https://www.elledecor.com/design-decorate/color/g22141866/orange-paint-color-shades-decor/

And this light, luscious color is "Orange Ice";  I think it's one of the Donald Kaufman paints.  Edited to add:  Oh, my mistake.  The site said it's attributed to Donald Kaufman, but it's either Benjamin Moore's "Orange Ice" or similar.  Confusing, I'm sorry!

donald-kaufman-paint.jpg

Wow, orange/apricot/peach rooms really glow with warmth and light, don't they?   I've sort of avoided the orange family since my blue-based complexion looks terrible with it!  But, the older I get the more I'm drawn to the warm spectrum, and these rich, life-affirming colors.

You make me think of the socialite Justine Cushing, who may have the most famous orange room;  she had her living room painted orange in the Seventies, I think, and has stayed with it through thick and thin.  I think it was a custom mixed paint.

Isn't it ravishing?

a7326a5e-4c12-4e81-a2b7-8e0695bbadb6.png

I think the other rooms of her apartment have orange too, if you google her name.

Trusted Contributor

The library room isn't too appealing too me.  I like the wall color but it's the furnishings & books that blend with the walls.  There's not enough of a contrast in colors.  Needs "whitishness" to it.  Could use more natural light as well.

The living room walls are nice & there's contrast with the furnishings that lightens the room.  That being said, the furnishings themselves aren't appealing to me.

I'll need to check out that website you posted @Oznell  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh I love that orange/apricot color. I need to paint my bedroom, the hall and living room before it gets too cold, that warm color would work in my living room.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

So, I just checked out that very long listing of designs/colors.

Never fails, my fav #1 are the "blue" shades.  I liked most of the grays, but there were a few that looked more blue than gray.

The whites/neutrals were mostly good.  Although, I thought on some whites, there wasn't much difference btw shades.  Yellows & lemons were good.

The reds & beiges were my least favs.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @ScenicMaine,  I find that my default preferences almost always tend toward blues, and blue greens and greens.   On the warmer side, I seem to like creams, and lately, even some shades you could call "gold",  which is a big surprise to me!

Honored Contributor

All the colors are appealing but I lean toward the blues .  However, each room is so nice and furnished with lovely pieces and decor that all the  painted walls all draw me in! Thanks for the color updates!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

Funny how with our styles changing thru the years, I guess some colors can as well (referring to you liking "gold" now.)  At least you've added another color for your designs.  Look at the bright side .. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Thank you very much for this tidbit of information.  I am about to do some painting and I favor Benjamin Moore....I can peruse this information before going up to the store rather than doing the searching in store for just chip samples.  I might find something interesting.  Having the sample rooms makes it much easier to define the colors that appeal most for our homes. This site is very helpful!