Honored Contributor

I enjoy the unexpectedness of this, the combo of rustic and refined in this upstate New York alpaca farm.  You can see all kinds of influences in it, with good reason--  the wife grew up in Mexico, Switzerland and Germany, and the couple lived in Munich before moving to the farm over a decade ago.  The one thing that doesn't impress me is their taste in art, but I like a lot else.  I wish there were more pictures to post!

111616_AliciaAdams_Lead.jpg

Their mud room.  All through the house, they seem to be mad for gorgeous, old, distinctive wood that tells a story:

111616_AliciaAdams_20.jpg

The closest I could get to a kitchen shot!  This is described as the sitting area "off the kitchen":

111616_AliciaAdams_29.jpg

And here's a glimpse of their breakfast area.  Note the toaster casually mixed in with other elements.  More soulful reclaimed wood.

111616_AliciaAdams_22.jpg

The dining room's deeper palette and confident mix of modern, rustic, antique:

111616_AliciaAdams_31.jpg

That sideboard, those lamps, and the elegant silver candelabra!  I see they have that European fondness for vast, modern, possibly ironic photographic art...

111616_AliciaAdams_27.jpg

Living room is for family lounging:

111616_AliciaAdams_26.jpg

Weird art over the fireplace though, that I would snatch off the wall, ha.

111616_AliciaAdams_32.jpg

Tranquil master bedroom.

111616_AliciaAdams_24.jpg

Snug attic bedroom for one of the four kids.

111616_AliciaAdams_23.jpg

Oh, my goodness.  I think these cuties live in such a pretty area.  The farmhouse is not all to my taste, but interesting.

111616_AliciaAdams_12.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW YORK STATE ALPACA FARM

Beautiful, I dont care for the art either.  There must be good money in Alpaca's.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the artwork either, and the outside is more rustic than I like, but the inside is very pretty and unexpected!

Trusted Contributor

Do you know the name of the farm?  There are many alpaca farms in the NYS.  I'd love to visit this one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for satisfying our curiosity about how other folks live, @Oznell  (I agree with everyone's aversion to the artwork!)

This one made me flash back to an episode of Royal Pains (tv show that was set in the Hamptons) in which Julie Benz played the in-need-of-medical-attention owner of an alpaca farm.

Sadly, we didn't get a tour of the house in that episode.

Image result for julie benz royal pains

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

This is so cozy, warm, and inviting...I just want this to be one of my vacation homes in my second life.

I agree the art work looks out of place and not my taste at all.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom, they didn't say the name of the farm, but the family's name is Adams, and they indicated the farm is somewhere in the Hudson River valley, with "a view of the Catskills"....   Hoping that helps!

Honored Contributor

There many alpaca ranches here in Colorado. The alpacas seem to really thrive in this part of the country with the high altitude and climate. The animals are so beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Wonderful bones, but I see nothing impressive in the overall decor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love old reclaimed wood also.  They have some nice pieces.  Interesting chairs with DR table.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment