Honored Contributor

I love the room but there is just too much going on in there. I would just remove about 25% and love it.

Respected Contributor

I don't think the room has enough cohesion.

Esteemed Contributor

Needless to say I would not hire Becky Cooper Interiors after seeing this mess.  

Honored Contributor

What makes it a NJ room? The only thing I dislike is the upholstered sofa. I like the leather one much better.

Honored Contributor

The fireplace is what I like best. Cozy, inviting focal point. 

Honored Contributor

It's a bit overcrowded for me, and that chandelier in a cathedral ceiling with all of those bulbs in it? Replacing those bulbs would be a pain. You'd have to move a whole lot of furniture out of the way to get a ladder in. There are long-handled bulb tools you can get for the ones in the ceiling but a hanging chandelier with all of those bulbs isn't so easy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I like it just the way it is, provided the homeowner likes it, with one exception. Why is the television placed as if it's an afterthought? 

We don't know whether this was a collaboration between the homeowner and the designer, or whether the designer did it all on her own.  

I can't critique what someone else wishes to live with. If it were mine, however, I would take away the leather sofa.  I'd also rearrange the seating area so it's less forced into the "conversation area created by two sofas facing each other."

Judging by the number of seating options, I have to wonder if a lot of people live in the home, or whether they have a lot of gatherings/parties, or maybe even whether this is just for winter, and in summer they pare down the cozy look.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love the fireplace and that blue/grey plaid chair.....

There's just too much clutter and too much going on ...And I dont like the rest of the furniture.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”