Honored Contributor

Re: NEW JERSEY COUNTRY HOUSE

That green bedroom is beautiful, love that color, it is so soothing and calming. The rest of the house, there are things that I like about each room, but overall it is much too cluttered for my taste. It seems almost like I have all of this stuff so I need to put it somewhere, and it is a bit overwhelming.......

Honored Contributor

Way too many pictures hanging on that stair wall!  I don’t like blue with the other warm colors. There are a few individual pieces of furniture I like, but I am not a fan of the color combinations or clutter. 

Honored Contributor

I love the flow of color in this home. It is too cluttered for me personally but I still find it extremely appealing. 

My DD is a teacher in Somerset County...stunning homes.

Honored Contributor

All that royal blue has got to go!  The dining room is awful.  The bedroom is the only room I sorta like.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@catter70,  I got lured into looking at a couple of real estate listings in the 'Peapack Gladstone Borough' area--  a pleasant but unpretentious ranch, not in the luxe category, had taxes of $12,000.   Am guessing that that's the very low end of taxes, and they skyrocket from there!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it. Too much blue, too washed out... I don't know. LOVE the furniture but not the colors.

My knowledge of New Jersey was Cherry Hill, Beach Haven, Atlantic City, Jersey City and Marmora (80's and earlier) until an Auntie (now gone) moved to somewhere (I only visited once in the 80's) where it was nothing but HUGE houses and horse farms. That was what she and my uncle purchased: a gorgeous home with stables, indoor and outdoor riding rings, a huge stocked pond, a carriage house and beautiful rolling hills surrounded with white fences. I had no idea that New Jersey (we called it just Jersey) offered this kind of landscape.

Years later I met a woman who grew up on a diary farm out where they raised, you guessed it, Jersey Dairy cows. She had never been to the city because they were THAT far out.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't care for it. Too much blue, too washed out... I don't know. LOVE the furniture but not the colors.

My knowledge of New Jersey was Cherry Hill, Beach Haven, Atlantic City, Jersey City and Marmora (80's and earlier) until an Auntie (now gone) moved to somewhere (I only visited once in the 80's) where it was nothing but HUGE houses and horse farms. That was what she and my uncle purchased: a gorgeous home with stables, indoor and outdoor riding rings, a huge stocked pond, a carriage house and beautiful rolling hills surrounded with white fences. I had no idea that New Jersey (we called it just Jersey) offered this kind of landscape.

Years later I met a woman who grew up on a diary farm out where they raised, you guessed it, Jersey Dairy cows. She had never been to the city because they were THAT far out.

@SahmIam A good portion on NJ is quite beautiful. Yes, many horse farms, green forested places, and beautiful areas at the beginning of the shore area, on the rivers and ocean. Also NJ is the Garden State so there are many farms and growing fields. 

Of course there are industrial parts and poor sections. I worked in Newark with a friend from the Midwest. When I had him over for a party he was shocked. All he knew was the Newark area.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell, yes, depending on the area, I'm sure that's low end.I grew up in Hunterdon and moved when I married. When I 78 opened, a lot of richer New Yorkers moved to that area of N.J., and people who lived there for their whole lives could no longer afford it, my parents included. I could not afford to move back  there . I remember when I was working, I had to go to a golf course monthly and this was prior to the year 2000. People lived on the golf course and the taxes way back then were around $10, 000. What had once been beautiful farm land got filled up with McMansions. That's progerss, I guess.

Honored Contributor

Oh, such a shame, @catter70 --  I hate when people who have lived in an area forever, then get priced out of it.  Happens all too often these days....

Respected Contributor

You are right @Oznell. I don't even know how anyone can afford to live in NYC, let alone NJ. Not everyone is in the same league financially. I don't even think I'm considered middle class. Then we're told we need a million $$$$$$$$$$$$ to retire.I've cetainly never even come close to even making that much let alone have it saved for retirement.