Honored Contributor

Re: NEED HONEST OPINIONS OF HE AGITATOR WASHERS

I always had an agitator in my washers up until just a few years ago when i bought a HE washer with no agitator---I was forever untangling the clothes after a wash---and I did not over stuff it at all and it seemed to take alot longer to wash. Didn't have any smell issues and with no agitator it was tempting to over fill it. My washer had no bells and whistles either --now I am in an apt and have the agitator kind again, a GE--not sure if it is HE but the agitator is much smaller and there seems to have more room around it. sounds like a newer washer and it seems to do a good job. I like having an agitaoter as I think it helps clean the stuff off the clothes with that type of friction. Never had any damage to clothing with either type of washer. If I were to buy a washer , I would look a one with the agitator again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We bought a new ge washer almost 2 years ago with an agitator. Its an awesome washer. 4.3 cubic feet tub. Holds slot and washes very clean. I highly recommend this washer. 

Honored Contributor

i should put an update to this posting.

i settled on  a front load washer LG love my front load washer, it cleans clothes well, rinses well have the 5 water jets with this washer,more water to rinse clothes o ut. less wear and tear on clothes. washes clothes in 36 minutes versus 1 hour which older HE washers had.