Valued Contributor

Re: NEED A NEW VACUUM - HELP

@software   I just pulled up the page from Walmart and the model you referred me to has 25 one-star reviews, and about 14 5-star reviews.  Sounds like too many customers were very dissatisfied.  You got lucky!

Thanks anyway!

Respected Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@mom2four0418  This model doesn't use replaceable filters; I kept it very clean -- I thought maybe I got a 'dud' but when I read the many many neg reviews I decided to not give Shark my money EVER AGAIN.

(Can you tell how upset and frustrated I still am?)  GRRRRRRR

I wasn't the poster who mentioned the dirty filter. I wash mine and have never bought replacements. My experience with Sharke is different than yours. I have two of them. I did however, give up on Dyson.  I hope that you are able to find a vacuum that you really like.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

A good cordless vac may be hard to find. So far, I like my Shark corded cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@software   I just pulled up the page from Walmart and the model you referred me to has 25 one-star reviews, and about 14 5-star reviews.  Sounds like too many customers were very dissatisfied.  You got lucky!

Thanks anyway!

There are 3 different versions of this vacuum

You can't just look at stars, you have to look at the reason  people give it a low review.   For example, one review is because the handle is too short for her hubby.   I'll take that as a 5  start for me.

Respected Contributor

For s cordless, I believe Consumer Reports likes Bissell.
I like my corded Oreck. It’s so easy to use.
Respected Contributor

Might I suggest that you visit your local WalMart/Target/BedBath&Beyond or Sam's/Costco?  Each of those retailers has excellent returns policies and many vacuums to choose from depending upon where you live.  Personally, I only have WalMart within 70 or so miles of me.  I would look at each brand on display and read the boxes.  You may also want to go online to their sites and go to the vacuum section then view all in store so you can research what they have in store before you show up. They will have selections in your price range and features you will be seeking.  Choose based on those factors since things really aren't built by these companies to last forever anymore.

Another option would be a vacuum repair shop that also sells refurbed machines.  The would be more likely to guarantee their work and have older machines that would be built in a time where things were meant to last.

Esteemed Contributor

@september  I love my Meilie canister vacuum.  I can use it on so many different surfaces.  It was expensive but worth it to me. 

As for my upright vacuum I have and love my Orreck 

Trusted Contributor

I know you mentioned the lower price point, however, I received my Dyson a few weeks ago and I really love it.

I got the V10 Animal and I do really love it.  It is so light and powerful with such a small footprint.  I am just now charging it before I clean out a lot of dust I noticed in my air conditioning unit for my super small Boston condo Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@godi    Thanks for the feedback.  I did order a Miele, but not the one sold by Costco.  Theirs is a very basic model....maybe okay if you live in an apartment or don’t have pets.  

I found a good deal on the C3, on overstock.com. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Eureka. Check out walmart dot com - they sell many brands - and read the reviews.