Valued Contributor

I need help finding a new vacuum cleaner -- I bought a small cordless Shark from QVC, loved it, then it stopped working AFTER the 1-year warranty.  I can't get no satisfaction from QVC or Shark, don't want another Shark because of their lousy CS.  I don't need a mega-duty multi-part vacuum, just a decent one with good power and long warranty (cordless is best). $150 or less -- if possible, from anywhere.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED A NEW VACUUM - HELP

[ Edited ]

I'm also on the hunt for a good vacuum! Prefer a l-o-n-g corded one. Just want a good vacuum that's easy to maneuver, clean out the filter and remove the debris. Don't need all the gadgets on board to get in my way!

Remember the old Hoover's of the '70 and '80's that lasted forever? Wish I'd had both of mine reconditioned and kept them! They were fabulous at cleaning everything quickly and efficiently. And, they were easy to store in a pantry.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Sears cannister.....among others....from 1998 that is still going strong...it's been thru two rough collies, a greyhound and now the BF's Siberian Husky. Surprisingly, the husky fur doesn't get wrapped around the roller. Although I think there are better vacs out there in terms on hepa filters etc....

Also have a Shark Rocket w/30 foot cord and recently got a Dyson cordless handheld. The Dyson will pick up debri from the indoor/outdoor mat in front of the door much better than all the others. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few months back I bought a Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright. It's ok but I wish I had gotten another Oreck. Now I know I prefer a vac that uses bags. Plus I hate the way this one falls over if you stop to go do something and don't lean it against a wall or chair or whatever. So this isn't a recommendation of what to get but a suggestion of one not to get. This Shark comes apart to use as a handheld which I assume is supposed to be convenient but I have a couple of handhelds that are less clumsy to use.

Respected Contributor

I swim at the Y and they use Hoovers that look a lot like a Shark. I asked one of the janitors if she liked it and she told me it was over 5 years old and works great.  She’s always vacuuming there. 

Honored Contributor

BLACK-DECKER-AIR-SWIVEL-ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT-VACUUM

See link above.    I purchased this vac a couple of years ago before I had surgery.   I knew I wouldn't be able to wrangle around my canister vac.     I was so pleasantly surprised.    No bags, the dust cup & filters are easy to clean, no extra purchase.

Very long cord, I have around 1300 square feet and I only have to move the plug once to do the entire house.    Less than 10 lbs.    

There are several varieties of this brand air swivel,, you can check to see which one would work better for you.   My daughter liked mine so much she bought one at a Black Friday sale

It's not heavy duty, super duper but it works for me and I don't dread dragging it out.

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

I need help finding a new vacuum cleaner -- I bought a small cordless Shark from QVC, loved it, then it stopped working AFTER the 1-year warranty.  I can't get no satisfaction from QVC or Shark, don't want another Shark because of their lousy CS.  I don't need a mega-duty multi-part vacuum, just a decent one with good power and long warranty (cordless is best). $150 or less -- if possible, from anywhere.

did you replace the filters in your shark ?  once they get clogged the performance is compromised.  there are 2-3 filters 

the big A has sets for sharks 

Respected Contributor

Had my Oreck for 22 years and still loving it. No major work has ever been done on it. Paid $325 back then and thought it was a lot and it was. I think of how many $100 vacuums I could have bought between now and 22 years ago.....it was a good investment. 

Honored Contributor

I have two vaccine cleaners.  One is a Dyson Animal, which I just had to have.  It works great on carpets, but is super heavy and difficult for me to carry up the stairs and it was expensive...$500.

The second one is a Bissell Powerforce helix.  I bought that one while were were in Florida two years ago for my RV.  We were there for a month and I was looking for something that would clean well and be reasonably priced.

I prefer the Bissell.  It cleans as good as the Dyson and actually cleans my hardwood floors better the Dyson.  It is light weight and easy to operate.  I just love it. I paid around $60 for it at Walmart.  I checked the reviews before I bought this model and the reviews were outstanding.  I use this vacuum almost every day.  

I would 100% recommend this vacuum cleaner.  You can't beat the price or the performance.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@BSurLife65 wrote:

I need help finding a new vacuum cleaner -- I bought a small cordless Shark from QVC, loved it, then it stopped working AFTER the 1-year warranty.  I can't get no satisfaction from QVC or Shark, don't want another Shark because of their lousy CS.  I don't need a mega-duty multi-part vacuum, just a decent one with good power and 

The

long warranty (cordless is best). $150 or less -- if possible, from anywhere.

did you replace the filters in your shark ?  once they get clogged the performance is compromised.  there are 2-3 filters 

the big A has sets for sharks 

The filters are also washable and air dry overnight.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky