Honored Contributor

NATURE-INFLUENCED FALL SITTING AND DINING ROOMS

The "Town and Country Living" blogger has shared her houseplant-rich, delightfully earthy fall decorating in two of her rooms.  And she's got wooden mushrooms!

Sitting-Room-Fall-Home-1.jpg

She says the zinnias and hyssop are from her garden.  Aren't they pretty together.  I love that pillow which has an intriguing tribal feeling.

Sitting-Room-Fall-Home-4.jpg

Her set of 2 ceramic owls are so cute and reappear in various spots-- it's obvious she switches around her decor as much as I do...

Cow-Painting.jpg

She says she has a couple of sets of bottles in different colors, but these brown ones are the ones she pulls out most.  That warm, deep honey color is beguiling, esp. now.

Brown-and-Black-Fall-Mantel.jpg

Aren't those wood mushrooms fab?

Fall-Mantel-Mushrooms-Owl.jpg

She even gives free, printable copies of these charming vintage looking mushroom prints on her blog.

Framed-Mushroom-Print.jpg

I enjoy the timeless simplicity of that huge, terra cotta looking pot.

Dining-Buffet-2.jpg

Her handsome charcoal plates, wooden chargers, and copper tankards and greens complete the theme...

Fall-Table-Setting-800.jpg

Earthy-Table-Setting.jpg

Even her simplest vignettes, like this healthy philodendron, earthy, copper-tipped pot, old books, distressed mirrors, and small green vase--  are so pleasing.  I really like her approach to fall!

Philodendron-Micans.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NATURE-INFLUENCED FALL SITTING AND DINING ROOMS

Very lovely decor, and artful arranging of some very unusual collections.  

Honored Contributor

I think you've pinpointed it, @PamfromCT --  seems it's the way she's arranged and put elements together that heightens the charm...

Respected Contributor

Most I do not like while others I find very nice.

Honored Contributor

Not much here I like. I am not a fan of distressed, rustic country style.

Way too many things sitting around. I don’t like the amber bottles, baskets on the wall, cow prints, cow lamp, or old pottery. I really dislike all the mushroom items - makes that table uninviting to me. I like owls, but why 3? Everything seems a bit overdone & too much for me. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @wilma, you probably have to be able to "go for" rustic in a pretty big way to like these rooms, which I do.  For some reason, I'm one traditionalist who also likes very earthy elements, such as pottery, plants, rough textures next to fine ones, etc.  I must have a lot of steampunk in me, ha.

And as for that yummy warm brown glass, I'm a goner!  To me it just seems to glow from within with an autumnal fire.... 

Honored Contributor

I like most of the rooms..the only think I know I would change is the giant cow art...just not a fan.

Honored Contributor

With the exception of the picture of the cow and the wall baskets, I find the rest very appealing.  I love the owls too!  I always enjoy placing diffierent decorative items on tables and in all rooms of the house.  I like groupings of the same and mixed decor placed in different areas.  These rooms reflect that. 

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

I like this farmhouse look very much.  The use of color is what appeals to me the most and  I agree with you that the mushrooms are neat!  I like the pastoral influences also.

Honored Contributor

A somewhat pleasant and overall warm vibe. I like some of her elements but not really liking a good bit of the furniture. As for the fall decor, some of it's pleasing, but overall, perhaps a bit too 'earthy' for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...