Trusted Contributor

My solar lit frogs just came. Need help w/the battery and doubts

Trio of solar frog lights arrived late this afternoon.

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-3-Animal-Statues-with-Large-Solar-LED-Eyes.product.M60068.html?upsh=1&sc=...

I was happy they were intact lol. One has something jiggling in it though.

The 3 frogs are just so nicet ..just made me smile.. my son loved frogs.

Problem is the one battery out of 3 is not working - I had no idea they are the rechargeable type (cheap China batteries). I knew something was gonna be wrong as it arrived intact but there is that "but"...so I took out the battery that was non working then payed no attention to rules on the insert and put in a  Duracell AAA and it worked. But then took it out thinking it may screw the whole thing up...thus I removed it.

It says is to them turn on [and the the eyes light up] so cute...place in sunlight 6 hours. I placed the 2 working ones under a bright lamp for 6 hours as if it were the sun.

My question is the one rechargeable battery that doesn't work so what do I do?

I know it sounds like duh but unsure...can I just use Duracell's?

Wonder why it has to be a rechargeable? they said NOTHING about this on the presentation (argh).

It said on the insert it will have to be changed (not mentioning rechargeable in about 18 months of use or when battery life is used).

One last thing. The eyes on these are big and darling but they have areas surrounding each that re open like not embedded into the resin where water can get into the body of the frogs from the eyes I can tell.

I am SURE this will mess it up and on a windy day like we have here in PA often they would blow away. If this middle one works and I get an answer I will keep them under my portico of back door not in rain like the bunnies they sell that are lightweight and could not be outside w/o being ruined IMO.

TIA Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Re: My solar lit frogs just came. Need help w/the battery and doubts

All the solar products take the chargeable batteries.  I wouldn't use a regular battery.  I don't think that would work long term.  You can buy replacement batteries in the stores.  I would call c/s and see if they can send you one.  They probably can't, but I'd ask anyway.  If not, I'd ask for a price adjustment to buy a small pack.  I think they come in two packs.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: My solar lit frogs just came. Need help w/the battery and doubts

@GCR18  oh major duh... thought it had to be the ones they have in them when they came and buy a charger to recharge. I did see on the description page it does say rechargeable. I'll get some today.

Thank you!

Didn't even know that about the solar lights having them in most all of them yet have so many.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky