Honored Contributor

My new floors are in...yippee!!!!

[ Edited ]

I'm so thrilled with the way they turned out!  My contractor did a wonderful job - I kidded him he's part of the family now he's been here so long!  

Finished the kitchen, den, hallway & pantries today.

Before:

756B71A4-BC0A-4F71-A8DD-41711B9357C5.jpeg

EA9F9D2D-7BF5-4489-B378-C5F5E3ADC38B.jpeg

Electrician finished up this week.

Before: ugh

2EF67ADE-3EDC-40E2-9D09-48FAC6254858.jpeg

After:

20F8859C-4D43-43A7-8A2A-9BC169518601.jpeg

Painters coming this week!  And next bathroom remodels -- 

@OKPrincess these are the plank tile floors you asked me about 

Honored Contributor

Re: My new floors are in...yippee!!!!

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1- Can I ask - are these vinyl planks?  We're planning to get the whole downstair floors redone to replace carpeting and I'm still on the fence about what to get, but I have to make a decision soon.

I'd like to have the same throughout, but worry that laminate or such won't be too good in the kitchen area.

Your floor looks great, BTW.  Did the contractor move furniture or did you have to empty things out first?

I've heard that the baseboards all have to be removed and I only recently painted (before we decided about the floors).  Worried that it will make a mess and I'll have to repaint.  Smiley Sad

(ETA:  Just looked at the first photo again and noticed the kitty on the left side.  Awwww....sweet!)

Honored Contributor

I really like the look of the lighter planks. I hope you do too. If the contractor is now part of the family, you should ask for a “family” discount. lol Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see the paint job. @homedecor1

Respected Contributor

OMG I am living your before, got the same kitchen tiles and no hope of redoing it. You go Girl enjoy, please post pics after this is done. love the new tiles makes a big difference. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia

No they are porcelain plank tiles.  My contractor was unbelievable he laid it all out prior to finalizing so everything was perfectly matched.  They look just like hardwood but more practical for kitchen.  

I did not want laminate many of my friends put them in & I hate the hollow sound when you walk on them.

I moved everything out of those areas - my house looks like a disaster hit it BUT it was a great way to rid "old"

furniture, home decor, etc.  The contractor removed the appliances & reconnected everything when he was done.

The worse part was no kitchen access so we had to eat out.  He was considerate he gave us little walkways to get to fridge which he moved to different spots as he completed area.

As for baseboards, I had tile floors took him 10 hours to remove them😮 and he was cautious about not messing up my baseboards.  They are still perfect - and if he "knicked" them our contract stated they would be repaired or replaced by them.  (I didn't care because I'm having whole house painted next week : also doing in sections so I can put kitchen, pantries, den back together.  Then they can do DR/LR areas and move onto guest area & halls.

I needed to do this in stages or it would be overwhelming. 

Esteemed Contributor

wondering how you got into my kitchen to take that before picture!!  your new floor is awesome!!  send your contractor to my house, please.....

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

Family discount....yeah right😉😉.  I think he and family are coming for Easter lol!!!  We had a lot of fun with him.  You could tell he enjoyed his job & was like a neat artist!  

I did ask for the "family discount" on my bathroom - nope, his expertise is kitchen flooring!  Just my luck the company has someone else who does the total bathroom remodels.

Yes, I love the outcome.  My spouse can't believe how it changed the look of the kitchen -- in fact, that might be easier when I tell him I now want new appliances!!!😉

Honored Contributor

@nana59

You might be my next door neighbor considering every home here is "track" builder grade stuff!

😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1wrote:

@nana59

You might be my next door neighbor considering every home here is "track" builder grade stuff!

😂😂

i'm in RI....and my neighbor installed the same flooring you did....but the color you chose is so much nicer!  great choice!

Honored Contributor

Looks nice.