Honored Contributor

My new “fav” home show on HGTV — No Demo Reno

Since being stuck inside the past few days I've put afternoon tv on.  I came across this show "No Demo Reno" not sure who the designer is but is based in Texas.  Of course, "no demo" means no taking down walls or major renovations.

The "budgets" the homeowners have are high but then again the final reveal on these "updated" homes are beautiful. Sure started me rethinking some of my own choices.

I have binge watched this show and in my "fantasy" mind obviously time to rethink some paint colors and more I painted last year.

Our bathroom remodel and a few other "minor" things have been put "on hold" (due to spouse major health issues) but watching this show I got some good pointers how to update with changing paint and decor pieces, right now.  

Hopefully,  the angled walls in our bathroom are "fake" walls (contractor did tell us he thought so) as most the homes she remodeled have been "track" housing with similar style bathroom.

Anyone else watch this show?

(I put in Home forum as I thought it was more home related topic)

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: My new “fav” home show on HGTV — No Demo Reno

Agreed!  The host, Jenn, is very down-to-earth.  While I somewhat agree that the budgets are "high", she's working on 2-3 rooms (kitchen, family/living space, primary bedroom).  At the start of the each episode she breaks down how much is being spent per room, so if you look at it that way, it's quite reasonable.  Most of the other hgtv shows will spend the entire budget on just 1 room.  And I follow the host on her various social media outlets, she is quite funny.  I'm hoping her show is back for another season, and expanded to a full hour/episode too!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Yes, I have seen the show and do enjoy watching.  I'ts good to see you really can renovate with out taking out walls, etc.    Their budget does seem high but the end results are beautiful.

Regular Contributor

I've been trying to find the wallpaper she used in an episode called "Family Reunion".  The episodes are repeated each week and when I see this one I always watch it.  She renovates a half bath that was awful and besides the fixtures she put in wainscoting on the bottom and wallpaper on the top half that she called antique black and white.  I thought it was stunning and want to get the same look in my second full size bathroom.  I can't find the same wallpaper anywhere online.  Does anyone know how I can contact Jen or HGTV?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Scooty  Go to help.hgtv.com. In search bar put how to find products on a show

Honored Contributor

I like the show...she is adorable.

Honored Contributor

@SteelerFaninMD 

yes I just noticed this after you mentioned & honestly the one bathroom she did is similar to mine.  We were quoted $14,900 (w/o mirrors) so looking at her reno final amounts our quote is definitely in line. (Of course, materials have doubled in price over last 4 months but no construction/dust until my spouses health is better🤞🏻🤞🏻Which I pray is quick for him).

Thank you for pointing this out -- I really just watched the before & after😉portions.

homedecor1