Honored Contributor

My cleaning ladies experience today....😊😊😊

Last thing to be done carpeting cleaned & grout in bathroom floors cleaned tomorrow😊😊😊.

The cleaning ladies I hired for today were wonderful!  They were laughing because I had everything ready & honestly, most of the cleaning done except for ledges, baseboards, etc. 

It was suppose to take 4-5 hours for "deep" cleaning-- they were done in about 2.5 hours & my house is fresh & sparkly.  I don't think I'll need them again for awhile but it was a nice feeling to know they are reliable, thorough and do a great job.  

They only charged me $75 (but I tipped them separately). So I'm happy to close this "chapter" of remodeling!

Honored Contributor

Re: My cleaning ladies experience today....😊😊😊

It is so gratifying to both get much needed remodeling done, and to find help that is worth having.

It seems you have had great service and experiences with all the work you have had done, and what a blessing that is, as so often things go awry.

Not long now and you will be able to sit back and take it all in, enjoy the new look, and heave a sigh or relief! 

Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  It would be twice that to get that much time cleaning where I live.  Good for you!  You got a deal!

Honored Contributor

I marvel after every remodeling job.  I sit there after it is done with such appreciation and gratefulness! Seriously, i cant believe the transformation.  Even if you just paint and clean the place out.  When I remodeled my master bed and bath, the purging and cleaning I did to empty the room took a month to rid and sort 32 years of junk.  We had walls removed everything was taken down to the bones...so I had to remove everything.

a good cleaning team is a treasure.  People think cleaning is a job anyone can do, not so!  It takes a talent and patience to do it right, and do it everyday for a living!  I have the best team, and I hold them dear.  I am lucky to be able to have them.

enjoy your new space.  It is wonderful

we are embarking on a backyard tear down and redo.  The landscaper designer is planning as I speak.  They will start in about a month to 5 weeks.  We have a lot of work to do before they start.  It is going to be noisy, dirty and stressful. But by fall I will be sitting out there, saying....why didn't I do this 20 years ago?  Lol!   Money, time, and energy, thats why!!!!    If you have the time you don't have money .  If you have the money you lack time or energy.  It is hard to get  all three at once!!! IMO anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

for sure I got a great price!!! they even strip & turn mattresses but we'd already did that.

@Mominohio

im thrilled with everything we did.  It's been a long tedious process starting with roof, then new windows & doors, to flooring & finally painting😊

Weve decided to take a quick trip to Vegas to unwind a few days in June yippee 🎲🎰🎭🎫.

Now that everything is new, fresh & "decluttered" so is my "mind"....and what I am truly loving "a place for everything & everything in its place!". so nice to know you need writing paper -- goto the drawer & its right there!

I have startedboxes vfor next year sale😮

Valued Contributor

@myhomedecor1,  My husband says I clean for the cleaning lady.

I make sure everything is in it's place and ready to be cleaned.

When I stack the dishes in a restaurant, he asked if I want him to tip me.

He knows this is courtesy, but loves to tease me, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@JCF

That reminds me of ME...(and many others)...

I remember in my young mothering days I worked opposite shifts of my spouse, he did nights I did days.  On our anniversary he surprised me with a full house cleaning...but, he got the surprise - I cleaned the night before when he was at work.  (I was great at working through the night on projects since I'm a nightowl).

I remember he came home from work mid-morning all excited about this surprise.  He said "Oh, the cleaning people were here already?"  WHAT?  I cleaned...the look on his face was "priceless".

Its not like I needed a cleaning service ...

and its true I think all of us clean before the actual cleaning staff get here!  

Now, I pay myself $75/week because thankfully I'm still able to do it except for the heavy duty stuff he does!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I owned a catering/baking and p/t house cleaning business when I lived up north & you are so right!!

I would never do this size house for under $200!  But, then again living in FL cleaning people are reasonable (sometimes just like everything else!).

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty

that's exactly what I've been doing looking at the wonderful 
"transformation" this house has had in 9 weeks!

And when I say not just the big projects but how open and airy everything is and how everything looks so different now that I've disposed of so much excess.

I know it sounds like on these boards we are all "hoarders" BUT in my case -- I had a knick-nack, flower arrangement, wall pics, etc. in every single nook & crany or tabletop.

Gone are those days!  I walk in my front door and the only thing that greets me (besides kitty) is the beautiful serene nature as I look completely through my house onto the woods and golf course.

I am so amazed how beautiful it all turned out...now time to hit Vegas for my son's wedding...and maybe the big jackpot!!! lol

Esteemed Contributor

I am so happy for you!  I want you to know you have given me hope.

We had our kitchen and adjoining laundry room remodeled and are very happy with the results.  We are now onto the 1/2

bath and two baths upstairs remodeling.  We don't know how much longer we will be here before we downsize, so we didn't go crazy knocking down walls, etc.  We have already have a few rooms upstairs repainted and will be continuing on throughout the house once the baths are done.  When all is done, we will have our tile floors deep cleaned, as well as rugs.

I cannot believe all the stuff we have accumulated.  It was quite a shock.  And so much more to go.  There was stuff given away, donated to the Vietnam vets, etc.  We are collectors, love antiques, and have always had a desire to have an Early American look to our New England home.  But too much stuff.  I took Early American painting lessons for years, and have some things I made I will always treasure.  It is hard to repainted rooms I had stenciled.  My hallway was my treasure and took me forever to do.  That will have to be repainted with an eye to future resale.  Oh well, maybe I may do a simple top border.  

I so look forward to the day everything is done.  Oh it will make it all worthwhile.  RIght now we are living with quite a mess, but that won't last.  Neither of us will never live in a stripped down house, but it will be within reason.  When I hear of others here who have gone through this and feel so good, it gives me hope.