Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a retractable clothesline in the backyard for just such emergencies. 

I tried hanging the sheets. They were so heavy they slipped out of the clothes pins. So I threw the sheets over the line and let them drip.

Honored Contributor

I've had two sets of front loading Samsung washer and dryers. I got a set in my old house and liked them so much I bought the same newer models for my new home. I never have any problems that I read here with my Samsungs. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@drizzellla 

Does your washer have an option for a ‘slow’ spin speed?  I found that my washer does the same thing when it spins too fast.  Especially with sheets, towels and rugs.  It spins fast to get as much water out as possible so that the drying time is reduced, thus saving energy.  However, it wasn’t saving my energy when I had to fight with the clothes getting tangled and the washer walking across the floor.

Unfortunately, the washer I have not doesn’t have that option and I have that problem again.  I won’t ever buy one without it from now on.

It does have a "drain and spin cycle" but I was wondering if the same thing would happen again. It was go out of balance when it would spin. It does not have a slow spin.

And you are so right - everything is so twisted and tangled. I better start writing down all the things I will need when I get a new washer.

When mine does that, I manually adjust the items in the load then put it to drain and spin.  I'd never put them dripping wet into the dryer.

@In-x-s 

Yes, I manually adjust my load when it gets unbalanced too.  I have a “pause” feature on my current machine that alllows me to do that.

The slow spin speed does not leave the load dripping wet.  It’s just a bit wetter than it would be using the faster spin.  Maybe 10 minutes more in the dryer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
I was having similar problem with my newer washer until I made sure to use:
Sheet cycle plus extra water. Banging eliminated.
Hope you find solutions, having washer bang and walk is so unnecessary in this age.

I had it on Bulky Items/Sheets cycle. For some reason it seems to go out of balance easily.

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@drizzellla 

Does your washer have an option for a ‘slow’ spin speed?  I found that my washer does the same thing when it spins too fast.  Especially with sheets, towels and rugs.  It spins fast to get as much water out as possible so that the drying time is reduced, thus saving energy.  However, it wasn’t saving my energy when I had to fight with the clothes getting tangled and the washer walking across the floor.

Unfortunately, the washer I have not doesn’t have that option and I have that problem again.  I won’t ever buy one without it from now on.

It does have a "drain and spin cycle" but I was wondering if the same thing would happen again. It was go out of balance when it would spin. It does not have a slow spin.

And you are so right - everything is so twisted and tangled. I better start writing down all the things I will need when I get a new washer.

When mine does that, I manually adjust the items in the load then put it to drain and spin.  I'd never put them dripping wet into the dryer.

@In-x-s 

Yes, I manually adjust my load when it gets unbalanced too.  I have a “pause” feature on my current machine that alllows me to do that.

The slow spin speed does not leave the load dripping wet.  It’s just a bit wetter than it would be using the faster spin.  Maybe 10 minutes more in the dryer.

@geezerette wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@drizzellla 

@In-x-s 

@geezerettemine has a pause but once it goes off balance, it wants to refill with water to try to balance itself so I always just cancel and do the drain/spin. 

Mine does not have slow spin - that is an interesting feature! 

Esteemed Contributor

I know that when we had our latest washer brought in, I had read that some installers were not removing a bar that prevented mechanism movement during shipping, and that was causing off balance problems for some.

I double checked with the person doing the work, and he knew about it and had indeed removed it.

Mine has a traditional agitator but is a HE machine.  I do pillows and king sized comforters with (generally) no problem.  Once in a blue moon I have to stop it and re-balance, but I don't think that's terribly uncommon.  I've learned how to load it for "ballast".

Anyway, just chiming in.  If you're doing laundry today I hope it is a good one!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I feel your pain! I hate a washer than I can't control. I'm mean, I'm told I have control issues in general, but I definitely know I want total control over my washer! 

My only input to this is for people to really know and understand what they want from a washing machine, and don't get sucked into all the pretty bells and whistles that make up today's appliances. 

Shop around, ask lots of questions and don't settle for a machine that doesn't have the features you need/want. If we keep buying this junk they put out and that the government mandates, they are going to keep making it. 

I've even gone second hand to get the features I want. It's a battle we might not win, but I am standing strong and not settling for a washing machine that controls me, instead of me controlling it! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I feel your pain! I hate a washer than I can't control. I'm mean, I'm told I have control issues in general, but I definitely know I want total control over my washer! 

My only input to this is for people to really know and understand what they want from a washing machine, and don't get sucked into all the pretty bells and whistles that make up today's appliances. 

Shop around, ask lots of questions and don't settle for a machine that doesn't have the features you need/want. If we keep buying this junk they put out and that the government mandates, they are going to keep making it. 

I've even gone second hand to get the features I want. It's a battle we might not win, but I am standing strong and not settling for a washing machine that controls me, instead of me controlling it! LOL

Well, I did go naively into shopping for a new washer. My old Maytag washer was 35 years old and a real dependable workhorse. Every new washer I looked at, the tub was so deep. Even jumping up and leaning into the washer, I could not reach the bottom. So this Whirlpool seemed to be not as deep. It had lots of different cycles and choices. So I figured it was a winner. Was I wrong.

I have to keep it on 2 rinses because it rarely rinses the clothing so there are no detergent residue. I rarely take it off the deep wash cycle because most of the other cycles have 6 inches of water for the wash. It tangles and spins the clothes so much they are a wrinkled mess when I pull them out of the washer.

It is my fault for not researching. But I read that Whirlpool makes many different brands of washers. So I figured they knew what they were doing. Again my fault. Won't happen again.

Honored Contributor

Do you have a rinse/spin option that you can use?  That should finish the whole ordeal after you have rearranged the sheets and pillow cases.