Esteemed Contributor

we have a new washing machine....i don't know the details cause my husband does the laundry since it's too much for me and my arthritis....this morning he told me the sheets were tied up in a knot.....i told him i wish we had our machine from the 70's!!

Respected Contributor

I also hate my new (1 year old) washer.  It is a Maytag Bravo.  Not even enough water to cover the clothes even on deep water wash and I wanted a no agitator washer for a long time.  I thought that meant NO agitator.  What a disappointment it was when I finally got one.  There is a nub of an agitator that leaves even more agitator creases that a normal agitator and it also twists everything together.  I have to unknot pants and tops.

I tried to wash a cuddledud blanket last week and the washer did the opposite - instead of not enough water, it filled the tub up to the top.  I had to get DH to drag the heavy soaked blanket out of the washer.  Then drain and spin to get rid of the water.  I threw the blanket away; I'm not going through that again!  I has also walked itself out with a lightweight quilt.

I miss my old GE washer and whose great idea was water saver.  Bet it was someone who does not do the washing!

Honored Contributor

My Whirlpool washer does the same thing, but I can push the start/stop button to stop the spin action, rearrange the load, push the button again, and it finishes the cycle.  

If the cycle would happen to be over, I would do a quick wash cycle with no detergent to get the desired spin cycle and water out of the load.   Heavy, over-wet laundry like that is hard on a dryer.  

Respected Contributor

I would try the drain and spin cycle to try and get the excess water out.  Not a good idea to put sopping wet items in the dryer.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla 

Everyone needs to vent at some point.

Thankfully, we purchased a top load Speed Queen last year.  Love it!  For those that think they don't conserve, they do.  They have an ECO feature if you choose to use it.  I got the panel with the knobs.  They have panels with computer features also but to me, I think they'd be more expensive to repair & more to go wrong with them.  Two other people I know purchased top load SQs also.

From what I've heard, supposedly, top loaders are being discontinued & then there'll be no choice.  I'm hoping the government hears enough complaints that they won't take the choice away from the buyers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@eddyandme , I wondered what the Bosch would be like.  I have a Bosch dual fuel stove and dishwasher and I love them both.  I will soon be in the market for a washing machine so I was curious.  Thanks!  LM

Highly recommend Bosch, @Lilysmom .  And, now's the time to buy one!  I say that 'cause, for once in my life I lucked out!  My Kenmore washer bit the dust with a full load of water in it:  it was awful.  I was looking for a scratch 'n dent machine, even tried Sears Outlet store.  Nothing.  Called one more appliance store.  The owner was very busy 'cause they were having Memorial Day sales.  He had to get off phone, but said he'd call me back.  When he did, he asked if I'd mind a blue front load washer and dryer set with drawers as he wanted to get it off the showroom floor, warning me that people have touched in, checking it out so it would be as is.  Seems no one wanted blue - my kind of of color, I guess!  Got the whole thing delivered to me asap and set up - did have to get a longer water thingie 'cause the dryer has a steam cycle.  Cost me $40 for the set up and the entire washer/dryer/drawers cost less than what the Bosch waser alone was liste for.  I've used it for probably eight or ten years and still love it:  well balance, large tubs, plenty of cycles to choose from.  I haven't used the steam cycle yet - I put dryer balls (amazonsmile) in and no wrinkles - and I often stuff it.  In my house before this one, I had a Bosch diswasher - best ever.  Now I had a Frigidaire dishwasher - I believe they own Bosch now and am also very satisfied with it. 

I would NEVER hesitate to buy a Bosch.  But, if you can, try and hit it when they changeover appliances, like buying a car before the new ones hit the showroom.

Whatever you purchase, I hope you're as satisfied as I have been.

Honored Contributor

I have a retractable clothesline in the backyard for just such emergencies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have an HE Whirlpool (3 years new). If the tub was hitting the front of the washer - u need to open the lid on the washer (don't hit cancel) --- and rebalance the sheets/pillow cases. I've read so many times that u can't open the lid on the Whirlpool while it's in use - I do it all the time.

I love my Whirlpool. Yesterday I washed 2 fitted sheets, 2 top sheets, 6 pillow cases.No problem!!!!

Read ur brochure (or check it out on-line) --- I wonder if ur machine needs an adjustment. Call or email Whirlpool.

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@drizzellla 

Does your washer have an option for a ‘slow’ spin speed?  I found that my washer does the same thing when it spins too fast.  Especially with sheets, towels and rugs.  It spins fast to get as much water out as possible so that the drying time is reduced, thus saving energy.  However, it wasn’t saving my energy when I had to fight with the clothes getting tangled and the washer walking across the floor.

Unfortunately, the washer I have not doesn’t have that option and I have that problem again.  I won’t ever buy one without it from now on.

It does have a "drain and spin cycle" but I was wondering if the same thing would happen again. It was go out of balance when it would spin. It does not have a slow spin.

And you are so right - everything is so twisted and tangled. I better start writing down all the things I will need when I get a new washer.

When mine does that, I manually adjust the items in the load then put it to drain and spin.  I'd never put them dripping wet into the dryer.

Respected Contributor
I was having similar problem with my newer washer until I made sure to use:
Sheet cycle plus extra water. Banging eliminated.
Hope you find solutions, having washer bang and walk is so unnecessary in this age.