Honored Contributor

I have to vent! My husband is sleeping. His Cardiologist put him on a new drug on Friday And he has not been feeling well since going on the new drug. So it would not be fair to wake him up. So I am venting to you. Aren't you lucky.

I put two percale sheets and 3 pillow cases in my High Efficiency Whirlpool washer. When it got to the final spin. The tub was hitting the front of the washer so much. I thought that something was going to break. So I cancelled the wash so I could open the lid. I opened it up and there were the 3 pillowcases on one side and the two sheets on the other. It had just begun to spin, so the stuff was still soaking wet.

So now I get to stick the items in the dryer for 4 hours or so to dry.

I am so sick of this washer. I am tempted to buy another one. But am afraid I will get another one just as bad as this one.

PS - I used to be able to soak stains in OxiClean and get the stain out. Now I have to put the stain through the wash twice before the stain comes out. So much for high efficiency.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla : I have the most basic Kenmore washer and dryer, original to my unit in 1999.

I truly dread the day that I have to replace them! In my previous house I had a 2006 Maytag front loader and I was very pleased with it, but that was over 12 years ago, so who knows?

Paying extra big bucks does not guarantee a better result, either.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

Does your washer have an option for a ‘slow’ spin speed?  I found that my washer does the same thing when it spins too fast.  Especially with sheets, towels and rugs.  It spins fast to get as much water out as possible so that the drying time is reduced, thus saving energy.  However, it wasn’t saving my energy when I had to fight with the clothes getting tangled and the washer walking across the floor.

Unfortunately, the washer I have not doesn’t have that option and I have that problem again.  I won’t ever buy one without it from now on.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

Vent on as long as you like. We had a Whirlpool washer and dryer and the experienced exactly what you posted. Doing the laundry was a nightmare. 

We purchased a Speed Queen set and oh, what a difference.

I’m sorry your DH isn’t feeling well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@drizzellla : I have the most basic Kenmore washer and dryer, original to my unit in 1999.

I truly dread the day that I have to replace them! In my previous house I had a 2006 Maytag front loader and I was very pleased with it, but that was over 12 years ago, so who knows?

Paying extra big bucks does not guarantee a better result, either.

I had a basic Maytag that was 35 years old. Never had to be serviced. It developed a leak. I regret not having the leak fixed. I never expected the new washer to be such poor quality. 

I end up going to the laundromat on ocasion so I can use the commercial Speed Queen.

Honored Contributor

Hope my old Whirlpool keeps working. Wouldn't get a high efficiency one ever!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@drizzellla 

Does your washer have an option for a ‘slow’ spin speed?  I found that my washer does the same thing when it spins too fast.  Especially with sheets, towels and rugs.  It spins fast to get as much water out as possible so that the drying time is reduced, thus saving energy.  However, it wasn’t saving my energy when I had to fight with the clothes getting tangled and the washer walking across the floor.

Unfortunately, the washer I have not doesn’t have that option and I have that problem again.  I won’t ever buy one without it from now on.

It does have a "drain and spin cycle" but I was wondering if the same thing would happen again. It was go out of balance when it would spin. It does not have a slow spin.

And you are so right - everything is so twisted and tangled. I better start writing down all the things I will need when I get a new washer.

Esteemed Contributor

Got an HE BOSCH and love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme , I wondered what the Bosch would be like.  I have a Bosch dual fuel stove and dishwasher and I love them both.  I will soon be in the market for a washing machine so I was curious.  Thanks!  LM

Respected Contributor

when i had a maytag he washer if it was alittle off balance it would stop spinning and add water swish clothers alittle to correct the problem. i have seen a great washer by ge that comes with a soak option that goes from a 15 to a 2 hour soak option. has an aggitator the option to use he low water or you can set it to wash and rinse with a full tub of water and you can get one for like 600 bucks. not a bad price. if i was ready to buy a new washer. that would be my choice. go on utube and see them in action. good luck with your washer and your hubby.