Honored Contributor

The master carrier is not expensive...like around $10 to $15. Not really much compared to what a whole new set of blinds would cost.Smiley Happy @kivah

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to replace the verticals - as it's 16 yrs old. Not worth spending money repairing it.

Esteemed Contributor

I've gone through 2 sets of verticals on my family room slider. I failly gave up and purchased insulated drapes at JCP like @Spurt that I just pull back during the day and I like them much better. The drapes keep the room warmer in the winter and offer more privacy at night.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I've gone through 2 sets of verticals on my family room slider. I failly gave up and purchased insulated drapes at JCP like @Spurt that I just pull back during the day and I like them much better. The drapes keep the room warmer in the winter and offer more privacy at night.

@Nataliesgramma

Exactly thats what I did....my drapes are insulated too........and another thing I hated about those verticals my cats would be playing with the blinds and mess them up, but with the drapes they just go behind the drapes to take a nap.....

The OP mentioned shes in California and I dont know if thats a rule or if her HOA requires them ???????????????/  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Some drape and blind companies will fix them.  My wooden blinds broke, the string snapped and the mechanism was shot.  I took them down and to a company.  They ordered the part and were able to fix them.  Then we put them back up.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest I spray all of my sliding tracks with 409, scrub with a toothbrush, and wipe away with disposable cloths. With my sliding door treadplate, I use a bucket of water with a large, soft brush.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@toria

I called a company called Budget Blinds (they're a franchise) in ventura, ca. The guy came down and measured - and I ordered new plastic verticals and a faux-wood valance. I won't tell u the price - it was exhorbitant - and he should be calling me this week to install. I'm not able to take them down or put them back up myself so I have to pay the price. This man had several very good reviews on Yelp - so I trust he'll install them properly. Hopefully, they'll last forever!!!!