Esteemed Contributor

Re: My VPH wire apothecary came today!

whitelinen, The two pics (lemons and green apples) look great. Very nice.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2014 MTH said:

Hey Kel: Did you make your trip to P1 today?? Curious to see how you like the bunnies and eggs.

Hi MTH - Sorry I didn't post yesterday, we got back pretty late and I am just catching up now. I did get the bunnies and I absolutely LOVE them - I love the ceramic of them and their faces! I put the larger bunny in the cage with some spanish moss I got from Michaels and scattered some eggs around it. then i put the small bunny underneath the wired cage as I thought it was way too crowded to put both in. I really like the eggs from Pier 1 as well. Glad I ordered them as well as the bunnies as they were all gone yesterday when I got there!

I am still awaiting my as-in whitewash jar which I am assuming will be here tomorrow - Thank I will put my black and whie bunnies in that one! I can't wait to see it, but I hope it is not too bad as it is an as-is item.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2014 kelluvspippi26 said:
On 4/5/2014 MTH said:

Hey Kel: Did you make your trip to P1 today?? Curious to see how you like the bunnies and eggs.

Hi MTH - Sorry I didn't post yesterday, we got back pretty late and I am just catching up now. I did get the bunnies and I absolutely LOVE them - I love the ceramic of them and their faces! I put the larger bunny in the cage with some spanish moss I got from Michaels and scattered some eggs around it. then i put the small bunny underneath the wired cage as I thought it was way too crowded to put both in. I really like the eggs from Pier 1 as well. Glad I ordered them as well as the bunnies as they were all gone yesterday when I got there!

I am still awaiting my as-in whitewash jar which I am assuming will be here tomorrow - Thank I will put my black and whie bunnies in that one! I can't wait to see it, but I hope it is not too bad as it is an as-is item.

Hi Kel: So glad you got all the stuff you wanted. Good thing you called ahead. I'm sure you will like the white jar too. I really like that one as well. Just doesn't match my house so my mom's getting it and I bought enough lemons/limes at P1 to fill hers too. I haven't found the right moss yet but i did find some better quality grass which I used for now. I have the small bunny in mine but put lots of eggs. The larger bunny is on my mantle with some dry flowers I also got at P1. I didn't order the b/w bunnies (although i really wanted them) but I thought I'd spent enough. It's been a fun spring decorating season for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Home Decorators

Wire Finial:

Global Hanging Lantern - looks similar to Valerie's wire apothecary:

Trusted Contributor

On 4/7/2014 SHOPR said:

Home Decorators

Wire Finial:

WOW SHOPR: That second one looks exactly like Valerie's. But I have to say that I do see that often. Not sure who copies who but I see very similar things quite often. Not sure I would use a hanging one in my house. I think I like the standing version much better.

Super Contributor

On 4/7/2014 MTH said:
On 4/6/2014 kelluvspippi26 said:
On 4/5/2014 MTH said:

Hi Kel: So glad you got all the stuff you wanted. Good thing you called ahead. I'm sure you will like the white jar too. I really like that one as well. Just doesn't match my house so my mom's getting it and I bought enough lemons/limes at P1 to fill hers too. I haven't found the right moss yet but i did find some better quality grass which I used for now. I have the small bunny in mine but put lots of eggs. The larger bunny is on my mantle with some dry flowers I also got at P1. I didn't order the b/w bunnies (although i really wanted them) but I thought I'd spent enough. It's been a fun spring decorating season for sure.

Hi MTH- Still didn't get my whitewash one, ugh... Thinking it is coming tomorrow. by the time I get my bunnies in there it will be easter! I bet your mom will love the jar with the limes and lemons and what a nice gift that will be! I hear you on the spending enough money part! It seems like they always come out with such nice holiday decor that it is hard to pass up sometimes!

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2014 Rosehill said:
On 4/4/2014 whitelinen said:

Hi rosehill! Hope you are well and looking at a great weekend!

I have both of the as is pewter's, now what to do with them. I have them sitting on my glass table in the LR, under the window, on one each corner. The two black and white rabbits are sitting in one, the other is empy and forelorn. I really do love the look of both of them.

Ordering two more of the B&W bunnies is out of the question, so guess I'm going to have to find two smaller rabbits for the empty jar. May check out the P1 bunnies this week when I pick up my WM olive baskets.

Hope Easter will not be over before I finish my projects!! The mantle is still not finished, sad to report.

How are your Easter dec's going? Are you finished?.

Hi whitelinen! I am well, hope you are too! Feeling sort of tired- I struggle with this, especially after having the girls for two days in a row for 9.5 hours each day. I go to my DIL's house at 7 each morning, and then bring them home around 8-8:30. She works at the hospital until 4, and picks them up at 4:30. It's a long day, and after watching them for two days in a row, I am pooped! Today was a weird day. My DH hurt his back while doing some demolition work for our son who bought a building that he is totally remodeling for his lab. My DH has a bad back and shouldn't have been doing what he was doing (sledgehammer and all). He has hardly been able to walk since Monday, so I called the orthopedic Dr. today and they said they could see him at 10:30. DH does lab pick ups for our son, and since he isn't walking well, I had to go with him to a cheese factory, and also a meat company, and go in and get the cartons with the samples. After we did all of that, I picked up my mom (she turns 91 next week), and she came over to take a spot out of my new bar stool seats that were just re-covered 4 days ago with new fabric. I then took her to two stores for groceries, and by the time I got back home, it was 8:30. (I did get to see some of the Cleveland Indians opening day game while she was working on the stain. she is a master of getting stains out of fabric). So it was a very weird day for me. Not a normal friday at all.

Tomorrow I have to do some cleaning, and a little more Easter decorating, that has been put on hold since I have had other things to do. I hope to be able to have some time to take some photos to share with all of you. Sunday I am supposed to go to Pine Tree Barn (home dec store in Shreve, Ohio) with a friend.(pricey, but very fun to look) Monday I have the girls again, as this is a week with different babysitting days to accommodate my DIL's mother who is an ICU RN like you. They are making her work one monday a month now- never used to, but hospitals are changing the way they are handling employees now, aren't they?

I found some whimsical resin bunnies with wheelbarrows this year at Gabriel Brothers. One is a man rabbit with lime green pants and a turquoise coat. The lady is dressed in a turquoise dress with an apron. Inside the wheelbarrows I put easter grass, and tiny glittered eggs that were also part of the AllState Floral buyout at Gabriels this year. Gabriel Brothers is a store that sells closeouts and sometimes you can get really lucky with what you find in home decor. I think they are in western PA, parts of Ohio and West Virginia. I also found some really good looking lime green distressed bunny resin statues there too that I worked into the top of my 3 bookcases. Hopefully when I post photos, you will be able to see them, because they are so different. They were $6.99 each- so ridiculous that they were so inexpensive. So aside from the Valerie pink and silver spheres that I bought at the Q, I have shopped locally for new items. How about you?

I believe you asked me once what I do for fun. I was embarrassed to tell you that my seasonal decorating is my fun. I love to plan and create new ideas. Some of my Easter decor is in the same place as it was last year. But most is moved around, and looks totally different. It's a challenge to me, and I lay awake sometimes thinking what my next move will be. It is fun to gather new things together, and then create a display that is new and fresh. Lame, isn't it? But I can't help it-it's what I love. Smile

Hi Rose! Sorry to take so long to see your post, worked all weekend.

NOT LAME!! to me, anyway. My great fun, as well. One of my DD's says my constant redecorating, (moving things around, IHO) is a way to assert control of my environment. Well, duh, of course! I guess she's implying I have no control and this is my way of getting it. So be it. But I consider it fun!!

Sounds like you are the glue that keeps your family running! I do know all about that!

I have my littles this week, too. From Weds thru Sat! The 2 and 4 year olds. It should be fun. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some things for them to do in the evening so they are not bored. They are really great kids; they don't run thru the house tearing things apart like my 6 year old DGD used to do. I appreciate their behavior here.

Sounds like you found some terrific deals! I can't wait to see the lime green distressed bunnies! Lime and TQ my faves lately so they sound really intriguing; especially the distressed part!

Hoping to see pics soon . . . take care Rose!

Super Contributor

On 4/7/2014 SHOPR said:

Home Decorators

Wire Finial:

Wire Finial

SHOPR, great pieces! Thanks for posting these, liking both a lot. If only I had somewhere to hang the second one. Did you buy???

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/7/2014 MTH said:

WOW SHOPR: That second one looks exactly like Valerie's. But I have to say that I do see that often. Not sure who copies who but I see very similar things quite often. Not sure I would use a hanging one in my house. I think I like the standing version much better.

MTH, I've seen a bird cage with the same stamping in the metal pedestal base as our apothecary. I think they all must be from the same manufacturer.

WL, I think I'll pass on the hanging one. It's ok but I'm trying not to go overboard.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't that interesting SHOPR. I sort of figured that must be the case. Too many similar looking things to be a coincidence. I got my b/w bunnies today. Can't wait to go home and rearrange my wire jar. I had my P1 bunny in it, but I think these will match much better.