Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Thoughts On The Windsor Lantern

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop, My lanterns are here.  Just wanted to let you know that my slate Heritage and slate Windsor are identical in sheen, finish, color, etc.  Neither is shiny.  HTH!

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/slate_zpsmqhlywfo.jpeg~original

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I received the 21" in cream yesterday.  First off, no remote.  Believe me, I have my fair share of remotes but I have asked for an adjustment, we will see.  I also do not like the candle.  I feel it is too big & overwhelms the Lantern.  I replaced it with a 7" smaller diameter Luminara with a more level top. Does anyone else feel this way or am I being too picky?

@BornToShop, It's me again. ;-) Now that I've had some time to really check out my two 19" lanterns, I feel that the candle in them is also a bit overwhelming.  It's just a little shy of 4" diameter, while the rest of my Luminaras are nearer to 3.5 inches diameter.  I don't understand why such a wide candle was chosen for these lanterns, and agree with you that a slightly thinner one would have been a better choice.  Having said that, I still like them very much and have no other complaints.   

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I received the 21" in cream yesterday.  First off, no remote.  Believe me, I have my fair share of remotes but I have asked for an adjustment, we will see.  I also do not like the candle.  I feel it is too big & overwhelms the Lantern.  I replaced it with a 7" smaller diameter Luminara with a more level top. Does anyone else feel this way or am I being too picky?

@BornToShop, It's me again. ;-) Now that I've had some time to really check out my two 19" lanterns, I feel that the candle in them is also a bit overwhelming.  It's just a little shy of 4" diameter, while the rest of my Luminaras are nearer to 3.5 inches diameter.  I don't understand why such a wide candle was chosen for these lanterns, and agree with you that a slightly thinner one would have been a better choice.  Having said that, I still like them very much and have no other complaints.   

@SHOPR, so glad you love your Lanterns! I think the fact that this Lantern has a more narrow to wider design makes the "fat" ( my perception) candle it came with not fit the flow of the Lantern. Believe me, this is not a serious situation, lol.  How is this Slate color compare with your other Slate lanterns?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR, so glad you love your Lanterns! I think the fact that this Lantern has a more narrow to wider design makes the "fat" ( my perception) candle it came with not fit the flow of the Lantern. Believe me, this is not a serious situation, lol.  How is this Slate color compare with your other Slate lanterns?

@BornToShop, Yes, I think you're right that it's the narrow to wide thing about the lantern that is doing it, but definitely not a deal breaker.

I posted a pic on 2/6 in a reply above, but perhaps it isn't showing up.  I will post it again here.  This is showing the top of the new Windsor slate lantern (right) next to the top of the older Heritage slate lantern.   I tried to capture the sheen.  The color looks identical, along with the matte sheen. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/slate_zpsmqhlywfo.jpeg~original

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop, My lanterns are here.  Just wanted to let you know that my slate Heritage and slate Windsor are identical in sheen, finish, color, etc.  Neither is shiny.  HTH!

@SHOPR

I'm really glad to hear that Luminara has a consistency with their colors and their finishes. Nothing I hate more than trying to mix what are supposed to be 'like' things, that are a shade different, or the finish is different.

I didn't mention it, but my bronze ones were exactly the same coloring and matte finish as my other bronze Luminaras I've purchased over the last couple of years.

Same for the cream (or ivory, can't remember now what they are calling it). 

This really helps in choosing a color, you know it is going to be the same as what you already have. Thanks for bringing this point up, as I think a lot of people are wondering about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, I love my 19" bronze lantern, too.  It's my first Luminara lantern in the bronze color.  It's really nice looking. 

I keep hoping that @BornToShop sees this because she is wanting to know if the old and new slates match.  The notifications could be messed up again and she may not be getting them, or she may just be super busy. 

:-)

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio, I love my 19" bronze lantern, too.  It's my first Luminara lantern in the bronze color.  It's really nice looking. 

I keep hoping that @BornToShop sees this because she is wanting to know if the old and new slates match.  The notifications could be messed up again and she may not be getting them, or she may just be super busy. 

@SHOPR, you got the super busy part right, lol.  I was ecstatic to see how perfect the two slates looked!  I didn't even hesitate to order the 21" slate.  Did you see the 19" Churchill is back in stock; H206665, $66?  I had to get that one as well to go with my smaller one.  Thanks so much for taking the time to help me spend more money!  Love me my lanterns!

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR, you got the super busy part right, lol.  I was ecstatic to see how perfect the two slates looked!  I didn't even hesitate to order the 21" slate.  Did you see the 19" Churchill is back in stock; H206665, $66?  I had to get that one as well to go with my smaller one.  Thanks so much for taking the time to help me spend more money!  Love me my lanterns!

@BornToShop, Well you made me look at the 19" Churchill.  That is such a pretty lantern, isn't it?  I can resist because I'm only seeing it in black, and I'm one who greatly prefers brushed bronze over black.  

Hope your lanterns arrive safely and with the Windsor's remote included this time around.  :-)

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, I betcha they will bring back the Churchill in more colors & sizes.  The 12" is currently selling for $84.99 on eBay.  If I get another Lantern w/o a remote, I will move on as my current collection is coming close to overkill, lol.