Esteemed Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I mentioned last month that I ordered a "she" shed where I can store my decorations.

Well, I received a call today and it arrived at the dealer so I HAD to go and check it out.

It is perfect! I added extra outlets on the outside so I can add some lights!

I also have two outlets on the inside and the porch has a light on the ceiling.

It will be delivered and set up in a couple of days.

I have to go shopping for a small a/c unit with a remote control and some indoor/outdoor carpet.

I am going to have fun with my new toy!20160712_153942.jpg20160712_153621.jpg

Absolutely adorable......what fun it will be to complete.....enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor

It's gorgeous, I love it. Your very own little place away...Enjoy!!!

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb:

Isn't that thing the bees knees?

I love it! Have fun putzing around in there. You could even put in a mini fridge for the iced teas. You need a chandelier of some sort :-)

have fun. I am jealous.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

@flickerbulb, just fun!  Love it!  LM

Trusted Contributor

Well, in the week since the shed arrived, I have been busy!

I had an electrician come and hook up the electricity. He found a short in the original wiring and had to correct that to get everything working properly.

Shopping for a low pile carpet was harder than I thought. I wanted a dark brown because they painted the porch brown.

The only low pile carpet on a roll at Lowe's and HD was a dark grey. That took three trips to eliminate that choice.

I ended up going to a local carpet place that had a warehouse with remnants. I found a much nicer piece that was available at the home stores in the size and color I want. It is a combo color of dark brown and a light beige. Very pretty!

It is industrial carpet that is low pile and very soft so I can sit on the floor.

It is a big hunk of carpet that would not fit in my car. A guy will deliver it Monday afternoon. After that, I can start moving my stuff in there.

I bought one a/c unit but it was a little too big so that to go back and I had to go buy the smaller unit. I still need to hang it up. Four trips for that task!

Maybe next weekend everything wil be more in place so I can start enjoying my shed!

Frequent Contributor

So cool!  Goofy question:  Did you have to have a cement pad poured or just install on evened out gravel? 

Honored Contributor

That is so stinkin' cute, I want one LOL. We have a wood shed on a raised foundation that my husband uses as a man cave LOL well it also stores some yard equipment but he has a chair and table in there too. He leaves the doors open all weekend in the summer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@libbyannE

I know your comment was posted a year ago, but I just read it now, and wanted to respond.  Your comment brought back delightful childhood memories for me.

I too had a playhouse in the backyard. It wasn't quite as elaborate as the one your dad built for you, but it was a magical place for me. It was wood, and had a front porch. It was painted white, with a red door, and green window frames. It was adorable. My friends and I had sleepovers in it, and spent countless hours utilizing it as the stage to wherever our imagination took us that day. I wish my parents had kept it, I would put it in my backyard today. Woman Very Happy

@flickerbulb

Thanks for posting your thread (5-4-17) that led me to your photo of your shed. It's beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@flickerbulb, you are going to have so much fun setting that up.  Makes me want to take our shed and clean out all of DH's stuff and fix it up for me.  Enjoy!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb I love it when someone gets something that makes them so happy.  It's wonderful and I learned something new here yet again.  I'd never heard of a She Shed.

I'd seen those little houses in a TV show.  I think there is or was a TV show where people lived in small houses similar (just saw the advertisement for the show, never watched the show).

It's exciting to read about it here.  Please post pictures of it (inside) when you get it finished.  I can't wait to see it.

You are someone I'd like to hang with.  I love people who know what they want and go out and get it.  Some people (I even know a few) have plenty of money, are my age, but live their lives with the 'what if's' or 'one day' (things like that).  I love what you've done and will be talking about it with my friends.....bragging about you lady!