Honored Contributor

My mom sewed a lot. She used to make our clothes and even made the bridesmaid dresses for my sister’s wedding. She also made dolls & stuffed animals to help raise money for our church. One of my sisters sews a little, but the rest of us never did acquire that skill. 

Thinking about her & missing her. She passed away in 2012. My siblings and I each have a few of her dolls & animals.  

The stuffed animal dolls I have

0F33A51B-C1FB-4DB4-9C21-1F6BE62C4747.jpeg

My sister’s wedding October 1970. I’m the little girl. 

A551AEEC-049F-4FFD-AA09-CCD57847C2E4.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Wow - she was so talented. 

Honored Contributor

Very nice.  The wedding party remind me of my aunt's wedding around that same time.  The bridesmaids wore bows in their hair and avocado green gowns.  Her veil was attached to a bow as well.

If my kids ever posted a picture of my sewing abilities on this board it would be the picture of Charlie Brown with his kite stuck in a tree, and about fifty feet of string in a knot.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Man - did you ever jiggle memories - My mom made stuffed monkeys from men's gray/brown socks - the heel was made in to a face  - for the church fall bazaar.

She made all my clothes in grade school - black plaid skirts - red plaid - everything she could put a needle & thread to.

Your Mom does more detailed stuffed animals and they are so cute.

Respected Contributor

It's easy to see why you'd be reminiscing about your mom. She sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing about her.

Respected Contributor

@wilma  So adorable 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I have no sewing or craft talent at all so I really appreciate the talent of others.  Those stuffed animals are so cute!   The dresses are beautiful too.  My mom crocheted  and my aunt (her sister) was quite the seamstress.  They tried to teach me when I was young but the talent just wasn't there Smiley Sad    I do have many afghans that my mom made and hold them dear to my heart, I also lost her in 2012.

Honored Contributor

My mom was a very talented seamstress as well as an incredible knitter---have many things she made for my Barbie  doll still--she made my wedding gown in 1971 and then sewed/knittedd up clothes for my 2 kids as well as home decor things. She taught me to sew on her machine when I was 8. She made faux cabbage patch  dolls with clothes for her grands too-----she eventually bought herself a serger and an electronic Singer and really went to town. Have placemats, napkins, table runners I still use. We used to go to the many fabric stores together for fabric and such--

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@wilma  I have no sewing or craft talent at all so I really appreciate the talent of others.  Those stuffed animals are so cute!   The dresses are beautiful too.  My mom crocheted  and my aunt (her sister) was quite the seamstress.  They tried to teach me when I was young but the talent just wasn't there Smiley Sad    I do have many afghans that my mom made and hold them dear to my heart, I also lost her in 2012.

@LindaSal

Sorry to hear about your mom’s passing. I’m sure the afghans she made are very special to you. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma ,

What  precious wonderful things your Mom left for her daughters. I know you cherish them

Your sisters Wedding looks a lot like my brothers Wedding. We wore the same color with bows in our hair ..I was 10 in his wedding.