Respected Contributor

Re: My Glass End Table and Lamp

@ptagirl, we might be related! Smiley LOL ITA w/ everything you said.

I too am a scrounger & love thrift shops & consignment stores, etc. 'Older' furniture IS made better!

Just yesterday I went to one of my favorite haunts and bought a huge, signed painting for $9. I'm going to paint the frame, & it'll soon be hanging in my front hall.

Good luck, @kivah. I hope you'll find something you love.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

If you're planning on getting glass again I would definitely buy it locally.  That's the only way you'll know  for sure if it will be sturdy enough.  I'm sorry about what happened.  That must have been very scary.  I'm glad you and your dog weren't injured.

This would have been my input as well. Definitely don't buy another table sight unseen, so you can be sure of the quality.

I'm glad too, that no one was injured!

Valued Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@ptagirl, we might be related! Smiley LOL ITA w/ everything you said.

I too am a scrounger & love thrift shops & consignment stores, etc. 'Older' furniture IS made better!

Just yesterday I went to one of my favorite haunts and bought a huge, signed painting for $9. I'm going to paint the frame, & it'll soon be hanging in my front hall.

Good luck, @kivah. I hope you'll find something you love.

It's fun isn't it?  Sounds like you made a great find!... I don't go often, but love to scrounge around those stores and go yard saling.  I also recently bought a small craftsman table (also solid oak) for my craft room to put my scraprack on.  It's solid and not very big and works great for my purpose...spent $8... what a bargain...it could also be used as an end table or night stand if I want to...didn't even have to refinish it...I also bought a nice oak picture frame for a cross stitched picture my daughter made me..previous one accidently fell onto the floor and broke the corner...so bought this much nicer frame at Goodwill for $2..fits perfectly and looks great hanging on the wall in my dining area... never know what you'll find ...but just takes a little effort to search...