Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

GREAT JOB M'DEAR!

Looks so pretty, pleasing to the eye for sure.  I'm impressed!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

This summer you all helped me decorate my mantel.  I appreciated the advice and wanted to show you the way it looks now that it's finished.  I finally got the third vase that was on backorder at Pottery Barn.

I just recently put the lantern on the hearth.  I'm going to put a basket with a pillow and throws on the other side.  The basket I have now is too wide for the hearth.  I'll go to Target this week and see if I can find one.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.

fireplace.jpg

@NickNack 

Lovely!

I especially appreciate the very tasteful decorative item on the rug...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It is wonderful, @NickNack --  what an eye you have!

I love everything, and your stylish pottery grouping with the earthy pot combined with the white and the black vessels-- that is scrumptious!   That black is a designer favorite and is so glamourous.

Cozy, inviting, artful.   And of course your precious pup is the crowning touch.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

You know, an antique wooden box filled with kindleing would be pretty. 

@ECBG   Yes it would!  That's a great idea.  I'm getting ready to have my fireplace swept for the winter.  I think I'll use your idea.  Thank you!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It really looks beautiful....nothing makes a house more warm and homey than a stone or brick fireplace....love them!

Honored Contributor

Looks really pretty and cozy!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

You know, an antique wooden box filled with kindleing would be pretty. 

@ECBG   Yes it would!  That's a great idea.  I'm getting ready to have my fireplace swept for the winter.  I think I'll use your idea.  Thank you!

@NickNack 

Thank you.  A box with stamping on the side would be particularly interesting.  In other seasons, you could elevate different pots of flowers or green plants like in your grocery store's floral section.  They're pretty.  Fall could be wax apples.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Are you planning to make seasonal changes?  Like holly or evergreens in the vase, or something else?

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

It is wonderful, @NickNack --  what an eye you have!

I love everything, and your stylish pottery grouping with the earthy pot combined with the white and the black vessels-- that is scrumptious!   That black is a designer favorite and is so glamourous.

Cozy, inviting, artful.   And of course your precious pup is the crowning touch.

@Oznell 

I agree with you. I once worked with an interior designer charged with decorating our newly-built penthouse offices. She said we should use black in all the executive offices/conference rooms/executive dining rooms, etc. to ground those spaces. Ever since, I have made sure to do that in my home. I just found this doing a google search:

Whether it's a piece of accent furniture, a set of picture frames or pieces of art, a lampshade, or a chalkboard-painted sign, you'll see improvement in the room by adding black, which seems to ground the space and bring order to disparate pieces. (It also adds depth.)

@NickNack 

Lovely! Job well done! Oh and I want your doggie!😄

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Fireplace

[ Edited ]

@NickNack Love it.  And the paint color on the walls appears to give the room a warm glow.  Do you remember the paint info?