Honored Contributor

thank you for your replies! I just started to go to estate sales (and believe me here there are a ton (sadly older community).

This piece will replace the drum style table I have in my foyer area. When I turned 18 my dad gifted me Lenox flowers or a special piece for special occasions.  My dad passed away when I was early 30s so they have special meaning and now a home!

Theyve been boxed away for many years and now I'll have a place to display them again. I am having the piece refinished to a "shabby chic" or more coastal color. I will meet with the gentlemen tomorrow to see what the costs will be.

Other than these flowers I have both my sons baby shoes (bronzed from back in the day but precious to me😍) and their Paddington Bear cups. On the top I plan to put some family framed photos & these I have a lot!

Esteemed Contributor

It is so nice to be able to display precious items without them getting dusty and dirty.  I have my Seraphim Angel collection in my tall one.  You will surely enjoy this item.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Estate sale find !

[ Edited ]

Great find.  What a nice piece of furniture.  Will be nice to display all your pieces.  You'll be smiling everytime you pass them.

Valued Contributor

Wow, were you ever lucky.  I just purchased an identical looking cabinet at a consignment shop and was happy to get it for $299.  I couldn't touch it in the furniture store for under $600.  Mine has been sitting empty for a couple of weeks until I decide what to put in it.  I collect that wonderful Polish Stoneware but can't decide which pieces to put in.  I have it everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@kitty60

fyi: there are "estate sales" almost every week in the complex I live. And the board of directors only allow this one girl (her company) to do the sales. Personally, I feel she puts everything very high $$ based on the financial demographic of our community -- but after 3 days she realizes gotta get it out of here!

So much beautiful furniture and things because I think the people who've moved in here have bought only the best as this is there only residence. Some of these pieces looked hardly used and mostly "snow bird" residences, including my own home came completely furnished (under 1 yr old furniture) sadly the husband got sick & they returned to their home in Canada.

But the consignment shop in our area is very high priced & she doesn't budge for $$$. I won't buy there unless it's something I really needed.

enjoy your  new piece -- waiting to hear if they can refinish mine to distressed (shabby chic) it at a reasonable price!

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on a fantastic find!  It's a very lovely piece!  Enjoy it! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Wow! What a beautiful piece you found!  Congrats and have fun displaying your goodies in it!