Valued Contributor
On 4/14/2014 grandma_2_2 said:
On 4/14/2014 mallemo said:
On 4/14/2014 grandma_2_2 said:

Beautiful mallemo, thanks for sharing!

I have been waiting for a long time for Valerie to get those trees back in but I don't think it will be this year. I saw them at Kirklands but they want way more for them. Maybe with a coupon I will buy them. I think they are so cute!

I also have the fleur de lis glass candle holders. I love that you put forsythia blooms in the lower section. I have pretty blue robin eggs in mine along with a flameless candle on top. I switch them out for different occasions. The holders are one of my favorite purchases from Valerie.

Still lovin' those chocolate bunnies you made too!

Thank you so much! Those trees are nice and those hurricanes are so versatile. I can't take credit for the chocolate bunnies though. I bought mine but Nana5 made hers. I would be scared to attempt it!

oops! sorry for the bunny mistake. The ones Nana5 made were fabulous and I like yours too.

No problem! She did do a great job on her bunnies.

Super Contributor

Everything is so cute. You have a talent in decorating. Don't forget when Christmas comes around, please share your decorations with us. I love to see how every one decorates & have thoroughly enjoyed yours. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

HAPPY EASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamonds22

Contributor

Mallemo, thank you for posting the pictures of your Easter decorations. Beautiful job! Loved everything. You have a good eye for decorating. I have a question about Valerie's mercury glass eggs. They had that metal top and ring for the ribbons. Did you leave them that way or were you able to take the metal ring and ribbons off before displaying them in the birdcage? If you were able to remove them, how did you get the ring off? I liked the eggs, but not the metal.

About thirty years ago, I did some ceramic chocolate bunnies that are very similar to yours and Nana5. Mine had baskets that were closed instead of open tho. I also did some chocolate eggs too. Don't know where the eggs are, but my bunnies now have ribbons around their necks. I've gotten many good decorating tips on this forum.

Thanks for sharing.

Sonja

Valued Contributor
On 4/14/2014 Diamonds22 said:

Everything is so cute. You have a talent in decorating. Don't forget when Christmas comes around, please share your decorations with us. I love to see how every one decorates & have thoroughly enjoyed yours. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

HAPPY EASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamonds22

Thank you! It is fun to share here and steal ideas!

Valued Contributor
On 4/14/2014 uffdaBe07 said:

Mallemo, thank you for posting the pictures of your Easter decorations. Beautiful job! Loved everything. You have a good eye for decorating. I have a question about Valerie's mercury glass eggs. They had that metal top and ring for the ribbons. Did you leave them that way or were you able to take the metal ring and ribbons off before displaying them in the birdcage? If you were able to remove them, how did you get the ring off? I liked the eggs, but not the metal.

About thirty years ago, I did some ceramic chocolate bunnies that are very similar to yours and Nana5. Mine had baskets that were closed instead of open tho. I also did some chocolate eggs too. Don't know where the eggs are, but my bunnies now have ribbons around their necks. I've gotten many good decorating tips on this forum.

Thanks for sharing.

Sonja

Thank you! I'll bet your bunnies are awesome. I did remove the ribbon and metal loop. The metal caps won't come off. They are fixed. I just carefully pulled the metal loop out with some long nosed pliers. They are like your basic ornament loop that is held by tension.

Contributor
On 4/14/2014 mallemo said:
On 4/14/2014 uffdaBe07 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Sonja

Thank you! I'll bet your bunnies are awesome. I did remove the ribbon and metal loop. The metal caps won't come off. They are fixed. I just carefully pulled the metal loop out with some long nosed pliers. They are like your basic ornament loop that is held by tension.

I've returned the eggs to QVC because I couldn't figure out how to get that loop off. I tried to open the loop and that didn't work. Never thought about trying a long nosed pliers. As you can tell, I'm not very handy and I was concerned about breaking them. But, this is good to know for the future. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Just beautiful mallemo! You always share your beautiful ideas. Your home must feel just like spring! I love the pitcher of lavender.

Valued Contributor
On 4/14/2014 Retired08 said:

Just beautiful mallemo! You always share your beautiful ideas. Your home must feel just like spring! I love the pitcher of lavender.

Thank you! Inside it feels like Spring but outside it's still pretty cold.

Trusted Contributor

So very nice, Mallemo! I love the pride and attention you give your home.

Valued Contributor
On 4/15/2014 CardinalGirl_ said:

So very nice, Mallemo! I love the pride and attention you give your home.

Thank you! That's a real compliment coming from you. Your photos are always so lovely.