Esteemed Contributor

It has been out of the box for several days.  It won't fluff!!!  I've tried several times.  The branches are glued together!

I can' t believe I got a defective tree 2 years in a row!  Last year, half of it was OK, the other half, like this and I returned it.  This one is worse!

Respected Contributor

@Zhills

I understand, that is a sad looking tree and it wasn't inexpensive for its size.   There are some trees that just won't fluff because of a mishaps during the manufacturing process (the branches glued together).

I'd call customer service and advise you are returning the tree as defective and why.

Respected Contributor

@Zhills 

I think your tree is very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Charlie Brown tree

[ Edited ]

@Zhills 

I feel your pain...if you were at my house last night you would have died laughing!

I was so excited to order this tree...I mean "mentally" I had it decorated already.  I bought it in September but never thought I needed to open it to "rest"!

Fast forward ... 2 hours later I was ready to throw it out the door!!! Frustrated from "fluffing" and more....finally gave up🙄 

Below is the pic of what it should look like and what it really looks like!!!

F23F3E35-F099-4454-A403-4CD6A5493688.jpeg

Talk about sparce and bare yup this tree!!!

1F67CE9D-0690-4D5A-BB0D-56F800D8794C.jpeg

This morning I spent another few hours "fluffing"...finally called company cuz' I honestly believed they forgot a few branches😳.

The rep was so nice.  Told her my dilemma about couldn't get it to look like picture!  Of course, I continued about my frustration.  She said "well it takes a lot of work and hours to make it nice." What!!!!  I told her you've got to be kidding and I was returning it--there went my "tree dream"!!!

She said "non-returnable" I said NO it's defective!  

Bottom line:  It did turn out nice after 11 hours of fluffing, readjusting branches & lots of bad words...

here is the almost finished tree:  Tomorrow is another day!!!

D684125D-666E-4225-A3B2-3767D19989C2.jpeg

I love your tree!

Edited:   

What I meant is the directions should read : Dear Purchaser -- you'll need lots of patience & hours to make it beautiful like seen in catalog😉

My friends are now calling me "the crazy tree lady"!

Honored Contributor

Re: My Charlie Brown tree

[ Edited ]

@Zhills  DH & I love VPH's glistening trees. They are so beautiful they don't need ornaments/decorations! 

Too bad I didn't live close by I'd be more than happy to help you fluff/fix the branches for you. Smiley Happy

This year I have 3 I used for decorating...2 - 3' (one each of multi & clear) and 1-5' multi. We love our trees so much we have back-ups/spares of all 3 of them! 

Here are a few pics I just took...

P5240291.JPG

P5240492.JPG

P5240345.JPG

Honored Contributor

Go out to stores,and find you a tree you like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the tree I like.  Here is last year's tree.  I should have a whole tree like the good side of this one!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills   I can't see the picture.  I just have a square with a red "X" in the middle.  I'm on a Mac using Safari.  I also checked using Firefox and can't see it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry.  I've seen that with some pictures.  These are clear on my PC with Win7.  Don't have a clue how to fix it!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills   Personally I think your new tree is cute and will fill in once you add some ornaments.  You know me, if it looked bad I'd say so.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise