Respected Contributor

I am not a huge fan of brick in interior spaces unless in very small quantity and it is historic to the house.

I find brick very difficult to clean.

I really dislike the color of that brick.  YUCK!!! It is so dated looking.

I do find the wall treatment on the fireplace wall interesting.  It looks like hand-applied Venetian plaster. 

Honored Contributor

I had enough brick in our last house to last a lifetime.  It was lovely and THE thing when we bought the house, but I got SO tired of it and it costs a fortune to remove it. 

Honored Contributor

I love anything rough-hewn and textured including old beams and antique Chicago brick.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I had enough brick in our last house to last a lifetime.  It was lovely and THE thing when we bought the house, but I got SO tired of it and it costs a fortune to remove it. 

@Sooner    People often just put dry wall over brick rather than try to remove it.  Relatively inexpensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner    People often just put dry wall over brick rather than try to remove it.  Relatively inexpensive.

@Kachina624 Well, not on floors or around cooktops!  LOL!!!  Ours was around our cooktop, arched and would have had to be plastered or tiled over. Or removed.  

I checked!  Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I like it

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Looks very cold and ugly!

Respected Contributor

I don't mind the brick and it is actually very pretty. However that being said the rooms need different furniture and accessories to warm the spaces up and make them inviting and welcoming. It is a very cold and sterile look.

Honored Contributor

That's too little decor for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Must Love Brick!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I love anything rough-hewn and textured including old beams and antique Chicago brick.

@Kachina624  The "Old Town" neighborhood in Chicago dates back to BEFORE "The Chicago Fire" (1871).    The bars and restaurants used to be a big college hangout when I lived there.   That's where Second City Comedy Club is located.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥