Respected Contributor

Mr Grinch strikes our neighborhood

Between Friday and Saturday night 9 homes in our neighborhood have had all of there Christmas light projectors stolen.

Several homes had multiple units taken.

Nothing surprises me anymore!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Mr Grinch strikes our neighborhood

@Abrowneyegirl  Karma will get those grinches.  Just like the woman that was putting clearance tags on full-price items so she could steal them for pennies on the dollar for Christmas gifts for her kids and was arrested and her defense was that she wanted them for Christmas gifts. 

What a horrible example to give your children.  I never understood when a kid brings some used bike or similar home, that the parents didn't question where they got it.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

This is so disgusting. What is the matter with people today! No self respect, no common decency. This behavior seems so commonplace. People stealing packages from front doors. It seems that’s all you hear. The other night on the news someone cut the wires on a towns Christmas lights for the seasonal display. Just horrible. These people belong in jail and doing community service.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl We seem to have an abundance of people that don't like to earn their own money to purchase goods.I was in Macy's and the sales girl said that they have been hit by a theft ring and one quarter of their Christmas merchandise has been stollen.I wish that these thieves would go to jail but that doesn't happen enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Often the parents encourage this with the attitude of "they have plenty of money. They can just go buy another one. LOL".  Seen it, heard it...they don't care.

The biggest cause of theft is for drug money. We have a constant issue with car break-ins (smashed windows is the norm) and ALL they take is change/cash/anything that can be sold quickly for easy money. Our community police liaison has told us and numerous other communities it's for drug money. We believe it as what isn't stolen are big ticket items but are not easy to carry, not easy to sell and so are left behind.

True story:

We had 4 bikes (yes, they were locked up- they cut they heavy steel cording) from our back area...many had. None of the bikes cost us more than $80-$90 bucks. Both my DH and the cops that came out that day chuckled because RIGHT NEXT to where the bikes were stood THREE very large ladders. Check into the cost of ladders and you'll see why they all were chuckling. It's not about how MUCH they can make, it's about how FAST and EASY they can make it with little effort. 

I'm sorry the Grinch hit your neighborhood. It makes you lose the "spirit" so fast sometimes.

Honored Contributor

There are several Grinchs' around my neighborhood. Some of them are only about three feet tall. Their moms and pops live in denial.rolling eyes.gif

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl ....so sad.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, which may be wrong, I think it's a parental problem.  Too many children are not taught respect of people and things.  I have noticed that parents don't discipline their kids and allow them to make their own choices instead of teaching them the right and wrong things to do.  I have had to discipline kids in a department store because parents were not paying attention or allowing them to be brats.  I think some people need to be better parents and grandparents.  Teach the children when they're young and not wait until they become monsters.

Esteemed Contributor

So disappointing. I'm sorry. Karma gets paid by the hour -- it takes so long to complete projects.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Uh-oh.  I have two on my lawn right now.