Honored Contributor

Re: Mountain Retreat...

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

I'm a mountain girl and not a beach girl at all....so this home appeals to me.....

I love a lot about the home but dont like white furniture (the chairs in the dinning room) and dont like the modern vibe of the white cabinets and counter tops of the kitchen....Love the stone fireplace....and exterior stonework, and love the windows and views.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  In my youth, I enjoyed the ocean immensely. As I've aged, while I can still enjoy it, it's less of a draw and I prefer the country. Part of that might have to do with the fact that, over time, I've spent less time at the shore. Living where I do, it's a bit of a hassle getting back and forth to the beach and that's been a big deterrent. I'd also suggest that some of the social aspects that used to draw me to the beach became less tempting as I've moved in different directions.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  In my youth, I enjoyed the ocean immensely. As I've aged, while I can still enjoy it, it's less of a draw and I prefer the country. Part of that might have to do with the fact that, over time, I've spent less time at the shore. Living where it do, it's a bit of a hassle getting back and forth to the beach and that's been a big deterrent. I'd also suggest that some of the social aspects that used to draw me to the beach became less tempting as I've moved in different directions.

@stevieb 

I know what you mean....especially "the crowd" that congregates at the beach these days.(blasting music, drunk parties etc etc )..then there's the sand that seems to "come home with you", the dead jellyfish and fish along the shore....and a dip in the ocean is not as refreshing as a cold spring fed mountain stream....(talking about the summer of course) and nothing beats the view of fall colors in the mountains....or that light snow fall in the winter by the cozy fire....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”